Reppin
Top 4
gtfo :mindblown: that can't be no iphone :ohhh:

iPhone!??!?!?! :ohhh:

Wait are you serious :wtf:

I got a 11 pro....my shyts don't look like that :damn:

What are they doing differently :jbhmm:

lol low depth of field and touched up breh

I'm not saying it's an iphone but you can shoot a photo like that on a iphone with proper lighting etc.

iPhone 12 Pro VS Nikon D850 DSLR Camera — JEFF ON THE ROAD

top photo dlsr
iphone-12-pro-vs-dslr-camera-nikon-d850-portrait-mode-bokeh-1-1.jpg

bottom iphone 12
iphone-12-pro-vs-dslr-camera-nikon-d850-portrait-mode-bokeh-1-2.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just use portrait mode....pixel user here and yeah most phones can take pictures like that nowadays

Yeah what people take for photos a top quality phone can handle their needs

I do the odd weddings and I love travel photography and photography as a whole is my hobby

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
lol low depth of field and touched up breh

I'm not saying it's an iphone but you can shoot a photo like that on a iphone with proper lighting etc.

iPhone 12 Pro VS Nikon D850 DSLR Camera — JEFF ON THE ROAD

top photo dlsr
iphone-12-pro-vs-dslr-camera-nikon-d850-portrait-mode-bokeh-1-1.jpg

bottom iphone 12
iphone-12-pro-vs-dslr-camera-nikon-d850-portrait-mode-bokeh-1-2.jpg

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Woah....I need to master the iPhone before I go splurging on a major camera. Seems like most of the work is done in the editing process.

I wish I could see some raw untouched photos of both. That would give me a better look on how good these cameras really are

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Woah....I need to master the iPhone before I go splurging on a major camera. Seems like most of the work is done in the editing process.

I wish I could see some raw untouched photos of both. That would give me a better look on how good these cameras really are

From that link I posted

Note: None of the photos were edited. I only applied automatic settings on the RAW files taken with my Nikon D850. I also cropped the DSLR pictures to fit the iPhone’s crop ratio.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
From that link I posted

Note: None of the photos were edited. I only applied automatic settings on the RAW files taken with my Nikon D850. I also cropped the DSLR pictures to fit the iPhone’s crop ratio.

:picard:

I got some homework to do then. I gotta get better with this iPhone. My iPhone pics ain't looking like that.

Time to load up a bunch of youtube vids :win:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Portrait Mode on the iPhone or any other phone achieves that look with AI. With a traditional camera, that's not the case tho, it's dependent on the camera's settings and lens. You would put the aperture as wide as it can go (f1.8 for example) and focus on your subject, and the background will be blurry (tech term is called bokeh effect)

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps

i cull, then send the pics to Lightroom for basic slider adjustments, then a 2nd round of culling and retouching pics in Photoshop, then sending pics back to lightroom for a final step and exporting.

I've been studying your work in the thread and it's by far the best :whoo:

Do you mind posting a untouched vs touched up side by side. I'm just trying to learn.

Yo shyt has that professional GQ look to it :banderas: What's the roughly edit time for each shot:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Portrait Mode on the iPhone or any other phone achieves that look with AI. With a traditional camera, that's not the case tho, it's dependent on the camera's settings and lens. You would put the aperture as wide as it can go (f1.8 for example) and focus on your subject, and the background will be blurry (tech term is called bokeh effect)

Should I normally be shooting in Portrait mode(contour light)? Why does apple have it set to photo automatically :jbhmm:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:picard:

I got some homework to do then. I gotta get better with this iPhone. My iPhone pics ain't looking like that.

Time to load up a bunch of youtube vids :win:

just keep shooting and shooting and shooting
even if you buy a camera no need to spend thousands and thousands for your first. You can just buy a cheap used dlsr and like a nifty 50 and just start shooting everything.

More expensive cameras are not there to really give you a better image in general, they are there to expand technical capabilities, to help in specific areas, to offer a wider range of options, to streamline workflows, to help you take shots on specific situations, etc.

Like my eos r and my old camera a 6d the photos look the same to the naked eye, but with the eos r the autofocus is snappier, in low light I can focus easier, i can shoot at a lower iso and as well the noise is less, now when I edit photos its much easier to get through a workflow

But generally The more experienced you are as a photographer, the better your images will be, regardless of gear. :yeshrug: