Essential The Official Photography Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
@wutang512

What u think about FroknowsPhoto dvd product?

FKP Beginner’s Guide | Fro Knows Photo

If it doesnt pop up on my private torrent sites, I'm thinking of coppin and sharin it with the brehs. You think it would be worth it?

Yup, thats what ISO does. Lighting is important for preventing that grain, thats why I bought a speedlite (even tho I havent used it yet)

before i even copped my camera i watched a bunch of that dudes videos. i checked my torrent spots and didnt come up with shyt tho.

just remembered i have access to a bunch of ebooks and learning tools for creative shyt. i wonder how much these pdf's would help... i dont necessarily find any of this photoshyt hard to comprehend

Last edited by a moderator:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

it's up to you man. I see no point in buying that for yourself though. most of that beginners information can be found on YouTube or other photography websites. most of the questions I've seen being asked can be answered from a quick google search.

when I get to the house I'll drop some websites that are very informative and up to date with what's going on in the photography world.

before i even copped my camera i watched a bunch of that dudes videos. i checked my torrent spots and didnt come up with shyt tho.

just remembered i have access to a bunch of ebooks and learning tools for creative shyt. i wonder how much these pdf's would help... i dont necessarily find any of this photoshyt hard to comprehend

:yes:

I just wanted the newbies (myself included) to use this thread as a learning resource. The mechanics of photography arent difficult to grasp (ISO, Aperture, Shutterspeed)...but when we start getting into composition it starts to get a bit :merchant: because you have a tool in your hand (camera) the canvas (the world) and the final artwork being how u interpreted what that canvas should look like.

If we can bring more eBooks, videos, youtube channels that can help us along the way, I think that would be beneficial to the group.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Tips and Useful Information
Digital Photography Tips: Digital Photography School

For people who use Nikon speedLights
Nikon CLS Practical Guide

SpeedLight Photography
Strobist

Wedding photographer(Click on tangents and he explains how he captured certain photos and the settings on his camera he used)
http://neilvn.com/

Photography Reviews on equipment and Information
DigitalRev
DigitalRev TV - YouTube (Youtube Page)

Photography Reviews and Give Away Contests
Fstoppers | Video Blog for Creative Professionals

Side by side comparison of Cameras(Any Camera can be compared to another)
Compare digital cameras - Snapsort

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I recommend Dave Dugdale's Youtube Channel.

Dave Dugdale - YouTube He does reviews and instructional videos. I especially recommend him if you're thinking about doing video with your DSLR.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've been wanting to get into photography for a while (to capture my travels) and have around $400 to get something off Craigslist. A relative said that he would give me his Sony Alpha DSLR A200 for free. I don't know what lens comes with it, and I've only had point and shoot cameras before this. I viewed the type of pics it takes on flickr and I don't have any strong opinions. Should I still be scanning craigslist for deals or will this be sufficient for a newbie?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If anybody has a link for this book...

The Complete Guide to Sony's Alpha NEX 3, C3, 5, and 5N Mirrorless Cameras by Gary Friedman

Please PM me, I can't find it anywhere.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
2rp44n7.jpg

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

*little to no post editing was done...just wanted to test out the lense*

Wide...Wiiiiide.....Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide Angle :ahh: So much potential now, got a couple Brokers that want me to do some Real Estate Photography for em :whoo:. Time to start taking this shyt seriously.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
some nice shots here
Portfolio Review: Oscar Santos Shares Awesome Photographs From San Francisco | Complex

Portfolio Review: Oscar Santos Shares Awesome Photographs From San Francisco

Photographer Oscar Santos was born and raised in San Francisco and still lives there. He's 25-years-old, and, as you can tell from his work, he loves his hometown. He shoots and develops his own film, from street photographs of the Bay to portraits of his friends. Click through to see a selection of his fourteen favorite works and the stories behind them and follow him on Tumblr: Allworknopay.tumblr.com.

Portfolio Review: Oscar Santos Shares Awesome Photographs From San Francisco

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
This apartment :ohlawd:

:ehh: 1Br/1BA downtown atlanta off W Peachtree :wow: going for like 140k...HOA was around 240ish I believe

There was an apartment literally walkin distance from Lenox Mall...was a 2/2 going for 85 (short sale)...only downside was there was no view (u were looking at the condo's tennis courts and pool)

:dj2: :dj2: :dj2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
So lucky

A studio apartment just looking like the picture. Where thats the only only room would probably go for like 3-400k.

Those ceilings look pretty high as well.