Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony Nex-5n with the kit lens, 18-55.

I also have a 55-210mm lens. I'm a cop a prime lens next. Debating on either a Sigma 30mm joint or Sony's 50mm one.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My little sister had a cheerleading competition at this guy's highschool, saw these and had to get a quick shot of em.
sfxbmx.jpg

52mayx.jpg

:flabbynsick:

:skip:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Since we were talking about low light shots and some settings, here are some random shots I took in my office one day trying out some tricks that I learned about my particular cam and HDR mode (might be helpful for others idk)

2lag7ds.jpg

Aperture = f/5.6
Shutter = 1/13
ISO = 1600
Focal Length = 55mm

s5ajy0.jpg

Aperture = f/5.6
Shutter = 1/3
ISO = 400
Focal Length = 55mm

I took these two pics zoomed in in a dimly lit room. When you put the shutter low as hell like that, if you put the camera in HDR mode, depending on how steady you can hold the camera during the shots, it will give you a clear pic even with the ISO being at 400 in a dark room

ridge

Daps
Sony Nex-5n with the kit lens, 18-55.

I also have a 55-210mm lens. I'm a cop a prime lens next. Debating on either a Sigma 30mm joint or Sony's 50mm one.

my girl said the sigma lenses arent bad at all

imt hiking about getting a 18-55 sigma, shes got one and says its 2/3 between a nice canon joint and the kit lens

im gonna borrow hers and rock with it for a bit

ridge

Daps
@JoelB @spinoza @GoldenGlove

bruhs, how do you take pics outside in cold weather while avoiding condensation?

ist it better to just avoid cold/wet days?

id be disappointed if i couldnt take outdoor pics for 5 months out of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

ridge

Daps
does simply putting the camera in a ziplock really stop your cam from getting damaged?

ridge

Daps
:manny: I heard of that, but I cant say...I only had my cam for like 5-6 months.

the canon manual says to do that

my girl said shes used her t3i for an hour at a time in the dead of winter and didnt put it in a bag and there were no problems

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can't say how it performs in winter. I just got my camera a month ago.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
More thoughts on photography...

One thing to consider as we look at taking photos. Composition. Now I personally am not so much an absolute stickler for the absolute implementation of "rule of thirds"/etc in every photograph once you understand how it works... however, I will say that for you brehs who are just coming along...composition adherence is very important. Once you really get how to compose a picture as it relates to angles, congruity, horizons, space, etc... you can then really flip it. At that point you will start to create your own style.

Just figure it this way. It would be best to learn how to paint a car from start to finish instead of mastering just the art of putting on the finishing coat. It will make this art that much more enjoyable for you.

I think one of the brehs early on in this thread mentioned that he could almost tell who took the photo without seeing the poster name. That is the idea. You will eventually learn your own style and flow. I think someone else mentioned it too, you will never stop learning in photography and that is hella awesome!

Composition brehs. If anyone wants a recommendation on a few good books on this subject... holla.

Keep posting those pics!

Awesome Stuff from everyone!

:salute:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
More thoughts on photography...

One thing to consider as we look at taking photos. Composition. Now I personally am not so much an absolute stickler for the absolute implementation of "rule of thirds"/etc in every photograph once you understand how it works... however, I will say that for you brehs who are just coming along...composition adherence is very important. Once you really get how to compose a picture as it relates to angles, congruity, horizons, space, etc... you can then really flip it. At that point you will start to create your own style.

Just figure it this way. It would be best to learn how to paint a car from start to finish instead of mastering just the art of putting on the finishing coat. It will make this art that much more enjoyable for you.

I think one of the brehs early on in this thread mentioned that he could almost tell who took the photo without seeing the poster name. That is the idea. You will eventually learn your own style and flow. I think someone else mentioned it too, you will never stop learning in photography and that is hella awesome!

Composition brehs. If anyone wants a recommendation on a few good books on this subject... holla.

Keep posting those pics!

Awesome Stuff from everyone!

:salute:

You have some links to some good ebooks/pdfs I could throw on my phone/tablet?

I was trying to find one that I heard about that specifically dives in to getting the most out of my camera, but I couldn't track it down.

Not really trying to drop 30 on it either.