Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Good shyt, the book is hard to understand at first because its very abstract but when you start taking pictures it will make more sense.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
not sure. I have a physical copy.

I read it while I sip espressos at the coffee shop. Good way to pick to pick up chicks. :jawalrus:

A graceful, contemplative volume, Camera Lucida was first published in 1979. Commenting on artists such as Avedon, Clifford, Mapplethorpe, and Nadar, Roland Barthes presents photography as being outside the codes of language or culture, acting on the body as much as on the mind, and rendering death and loss more acutely than any other medium. This groundbreaking approach established Camera Lucida as one of the most important books of theory on the subject, along with Susan Sontag’s On Photography.

:leon:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
we just having fun out here

615482_10151301523040450_1550092129_o.jpg

Instagram

Nice...Do you have any B&W's of that shoot...reminds of me the ASAP Rocky mixtape cover

LIVE-LOVE-AAP.jpg

You have some links to some good ebooks/pdfs I could throw on my phone/tablet?

I was trying to find one that I heard about that specifically dives in to getting the most out of my camera, but I couldn't track it down.

Not really trying to drop 30 on it either.

Breh I have a lot of Photography video tutorials on my external but they are too big to upload to mediafire/Hulkshare...If someone knows of a place I can upload em I can put up them up this weekend.

More thoughts on photography...

One thing to consider as we look at taking photos. Composition. Now I personally am not so much an absolute stickler for the absolute implementation of "rule of thirds"/etc in every photograph once you understand how it works... however, I will say that for you brehs who are just coming along...composition adherence is very important. Once you really get how to compose a picture as it relates to angles, congruity, horizons, space, etc... you can then really flip it. At that point you will start to create your own style.

Just figure it this way. It would be best to learn how to paint a car from start to finish instead of mastering just the art of putting on the finishing coat. It will make this art that much more enjoyable for you.

I think one of the brehs early on in this thread mentioned that he could almost tell who took the photo without seeing the poster name. That is the idea. You will eventually learn your own style and flow. I think someone else mentioned it too, you will never stop learning in photography and that is hella awesome!

Composition brehs. If anyone wants a recommendation on a few good books on this subject... holla.

Keep posting those pics!

Awesome Stuff from everyone!

:salute:

Good stuff

Lynda.com has a course on composition that has helped me out a lot...I do try to implement the rule of 3rds as much as possible bc they do make images more appealing vs. centering everything which seems more intuitive.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Defiantly ASAP inspired.

No black and white version though......It wasnt even really a photoshoot. We were just fukking around at the loft.

2a663f542a2d11e28c3c22000a1fb85a_7.jpg

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried reading "Camera Lucida" like 3 or 4 years ago and just wasn't ready for it :whew: maybe I am now... Roland Barthes?

ridge

Daps
i hate when it ake night photos on auto and the iso goes so high that pics look grainy when i zoom in on computer

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
@wutang512

What u think about FroknowsPhoto dvd product?

FKP Beginner’s Guide | Fro Knows Photo

If it doesnt pop up on my private torrent sites, I'm thinking of coppin and sharin it with the brehs. You think it would be worth it?

i hate when it ake night photos on auto and the iso goes so high that pics look grainy when i zoom in on computer

Yup, thats what ISO does. Lighting is important for preventing that grain, thats why I bought a speedlite (even tho I havent used it yet)

Last edited by a moderator:

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
@wutang512

What u think about FroknowsPhoto dvd product?

FKP Beginner’s Guide | Fro Knows Photo

If it doesnt pop up on my private torrent sites, I'm thinking of coppin and sharin it with the brehs. You think it would be worth it?

Yup, thats what ISO does. Lighting is important for preventing that grain, thats why I bought a speedlite (even tho I havent used it yet)

it's up to you man. I see no point in buying that for yourself though. most of that beginners information can be found on YouTube or other photography websites. most of the questions I've seen being asked can be answered from a quick google search.

when I get to the house I'll drop some websites that are very informative and up to date with what's going on in the photography world.

Last edited by a moderator:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously thinking about trying my hand at cinematography. Any suggestions on cameras for a novice on a slight (400ish) budget?