Essential The Official Photography Thread

ridge

Daps
and can someone link m to a decent wide angle joint that better than my kit wide angle

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
:takedat:

Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II Lens : Standard Lenses - Future Shop

this is my joint. good glass? got the cosign by joelb and my girl

Hard to tell on that review. There are a few benchmark test you can run on any lense. Just check for soft spots around the edges of your photos within 20mm north or south of that lense's noted 'best range" to see what type of glass you are working with. Also look for fringing and how it handles sunlight.

Have fun breh!

:steviej:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Digital Photography Review

You can prolly find that lens' review on that site. It has a shyt load of info on just about any camera/lens you can think of.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Brehs, for those of you who use a blog or site to host/lay out your photography...which ones do you like the best. Of course the usual sites like flickr/wordpress etc... but are there any others that you all like?

You ever check out Wix.com?

You can get pretty creative with the layouts.

ridge

Daps
@JoelB

what are good settings for day time lighting?

this is 1/60 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What mode are you shooting in?

ridge

Daps
What mode are you shooting in?

manual

think my aperture was wayyy to low. my girl said 11-16 for daylight indoors.

more test shots, than will check em out

any advice on whats a good shutter speed for daylight indoors?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
@JoelB

what are good settings for day time lighting?

this is 1/60 2.0

It depends...too many variables impact what I use for my settings. The best thing to do is be in Auto and lightly press the shutter button as u look in your camera. That will bring up the Meter and show you if you are under/overexposed as well as what f/ stop the camera is currently set at. Pay attention to what the camera gives you in Auto because that will give u a good barometer to use in the future.

Just remember that when your shutter speed drops too low (it will allow more light in) but if you're shooting handheld, the pictures will turn out blurry. If you speed up the shutter speed, less light will be able to come in which means you'll be able to freeze the action but you will have to compensate by adjusting the ISO.

basically, there are no "rules"...you just keep messing w/ setting until your pictures turn out the way u want them too...if u notice all the brehs that put up pics of outside shots shoot w/ different camera, different apertures, different shutter speeds and they all look nice (and different) u just gotta find your style.

*edit*

In that pic u posted, instead of 2.0 try bumpin that f stop to around 5..That will allow for more of the image to be in focus.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
About Metering... do you all try to take most of your shots with the Metering level as close to 0 as possible?