Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shooting in full manual is fukking stupid... shoot in A mode then do small adjustments with the exposure
If you know how your camera works and how to handle it, shooting in manual will get you the best results breh

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If you know how your camera works and how to handle it, shooting in manual will get you the best results breh
though i will say if im out on the street and need to shoot quickly i do use Aperture mode, that .5 seconds you use to adjust something can cause you to miss a shot (painful experience :mjcry:)

now if the shyt im shooting aint goin nowhere, or im in an area where the lighting and everything is consistent, manual is the way to go

waltthizzney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol na fam ur just working inefficiently trying to think your doing it using manual, dont try to come at me with that condescending bullshyt....... why on earth would you manually expose when the light meter will do it for you.... and if it is off, you use the exposure compensation that go up or down +.5EV up to 2.0EV. If your shooting anything where time is a issue in a uncontrolled environment it is the way to go. Use spot metering and it works great. Dont have time to be fiddling with the exposure all the time

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lol na fam ur just working inefficiently trying to think your doing it using manual, dont try to come at me with that condescending bullshyt....... why on earth would you manually expose when the light meter will do it for you.... and if it is off, you use the exposure compensation that go up or down +.5EV up to 2.0EV. If your shooting anything where time is a issue in a uncontrolled environment it is the way to go. Use spot metering and it works great. Dont have time to be fiddling with the exposure all the time
There wasn't anything condescending about my post.

I just don't see how it's difficult manually controlling the shutter and aperture after you're comfortable with handling your camera. The dials are right there and easily accessible.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
There wasn't anything condescending about my post.

I just don't see how it's difficult manually controlling the shutter and aperture after you're comfortable with handling your camera. The dials are right there and easily accessible.
he's saying in those decisive moments you're not gonna have time to adjust a dial, you just gonna have to point n shoot or you're gonna miss the shot, and he's right to a degree, same reason i started using back button focusing a LOT more lately, tryna get my speed up

he is bein kinda aggressive for no reason tho :stopitslime: @waltthizzney relax fam everybody got they own way of doing stuff

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
IMG_8297.jpg

IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg