Essential The Official Photography Thread

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

:salute: most def. at that price!
3" Super Density LCD monitor, 1080p high-definition video mode,6 fps (frames per second), Customizable 39-point AF (autofocus) system, Dual memory card slots: :ahh: :ohlawd:

You shouldn't need another camera body for awhile, that has everything and then some. I will tell you that shooting video is addicting, esp once you see the results on an 720 or 1080p HD set. That 39-point AF system is very nice. Only extra lens I would get is a 50mm f/1.8.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
O4H1SaJ.png

[url=https://flic.kr/p/bgpKyt][/url]

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Are most of y'all self taught? Do you start by taking classes? For the past year or so I've been slowly fukking around with the settings on my lumia. I kinda want to learn how a camera operates before putting money on something. I'm figuring out shutter speed. Still don't really get iso.

Is it worth it to be patient and learn what I learn on my own? Or is the environment of a class worth the time?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Are most of y'all self taught? Do you start by taking classes? For the past year or so I've been slowly fukking around with the settings on my lumia. I kinda want to learn how a camera operates before putting money on something. I'm figuring out shutter speed. Still don't really get iso.

Is it worth it to be patient and learn what I learn on my own? Or is the environment of a class worth the time?

Self-taught here, been shooting for just over 10yrs. Bought my first DSLR back in '03, learned it through trial & error plus plenty of Web reading (forums). Shutter speed is how fast the camera captures the images, ISO is it's light sensitivity, higher iso will help in low light however depending on the camera could equal more noise. I've always been a fan of learning on your own, however if you have someone who you can shoot with that will help as well. A lot of patience is needed, but very rewarding once you get it down.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikon 3100 with 35mm 1.8

my homie has a 5d with same focal length... the amount of shyt he captures and i dont due to his bein full frame :mjcry:
Full Frame is great image wise. But that shyt costs........Those lenses:whew: Check out the Prosumer/Semi-Pro range. They have better specs.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Full Frame is great image wise. But that shyt costs........Those lenses:whew: Check out the Prosumer/Semi-Pro range. They have better specs.
no matter what lens i rock, a shyt load of picture will be getting hacked :sadcam: there are just certain shots i cant get because of it. i've learned to compensate, but i want all that extra realestate

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i'm coming to despise the fact that my camera is a crop sensor, but i may not be able to upgrade for a minute :to:
:patrice:ehh my Olympus is a Micro 4/3 meaing it has a smaller sensor than both Full Frame cameras and APC (spinoza'a fuji and @GoldenGlove sony ) cameras

and i get along just fine :manny: it's just i might have to take an extra step back (or forward) most of the time, comes down to being able to visualize clearly what the pic is going to look like before you take it and positioning yourself accordingly imo

back when i used to think i got a shot only to see it got cropped out later after i got back home :mjcry: shyt would burn my soul

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:patrice:ehh my Olympus is a Micro 4/3 meaing it has a smaller sensor than both Full Frame cameras and APC (spinoza'a fuji and @GoldenGlove sony ) cameras

and i get along just fine :manny: it's just i might have to take an extra step back (or forward) most of the time, comes down to being able to visualize clearly what the pic is going to look like before you take it and positioning yourself accordingly imo

back when i used to think i got a shot only to see it got cropped out later after i got back home :mjcry: shyt would burn my soul
yeah i feel you, i step back a lot, but that step back i have to take pisses me off since i want to be really in close with certain shots. only thing i can do i get a wider lens. and sometimes i cant step back, like in the shot i posted above with the CAC hipster and her pbr. i was on stage at an event, speakers, wires, turntables. I'da got her whole damn and that pbr can in the shot if i had a full frame. and stepping back on that shot wasnt an option. plus low light performance sucks dikk on my camera.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
yeah i feel you, i step back a lot, but that step back i have to take pisses me off since i want to be really in close with certain shots. only thing i can do i get a wider lens. and sometimes i cant step back, like in the shot i posted above with the CAC hipster and her pbr. i was on stage at an event, speakers, wires, turntables. I'da got her whole damn and that pbr can in the shot if i had a full frame. and stepping back on that shot wasnt an option. plus low light performance sucks dikk on my camera.
yea i'd say get a wider lens with a wider aperture then

low light performance on my cam is ass too so i have to figure out ways around that limitation (using the flashlight on my phone to light something, manually focusing and hoping i can salvage it in editing, etc.)

i felt like i NEEDED a full frame too at one point, then i started figuring out ways to get the shots i wanted so now i have no intentions of buying one :manny: i'll always suggest copping a new lens or something as opposed to buying an entirely new camera