The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
M7rmdgd.jpg

X2CkjjB.jpg

vts00ay.jpg

Some shots I took with my D7000 last night.

I'm not professional and really don't even know what I'm doing. These pics were taken on just auto settings.

I have a lot to learn. I'll be doing some research to see how to do some things in the future.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@We Ready :salute: Waisting no time out there in the field.

A few randoms, 1st 2 is using studio strobes and 50mm f/1.8. 3rd one, natural lighting at work.

IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8117-7d.jpg

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
@We Ready :salute: Waisting no time out there in the field.

A few randoms, 1st 2 is using studio strobes and 50mm f/1.8. 3rd one, natural lighting at work.

IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8117-7d.jpg

How do you make the background or foreground blurry? It's happened for me a couple of times on accident in auto mode, but how can I make it happen when I want it to?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
A lot of it is gonna depend on your lens you are using and distance from subject to background. Easiest way is to set your aperture to 5.6 or larger (2.8, 3.2, 4.0) to get a shallow depth of field, you can put your camera in Aperture Priority (A mode) , you just have to make sure you have enough light for the shutter speed to be 60 or above, otherwise you will get handshake/blurry shots.

camera-aperture.jpg

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
M7rmdgd.jpg

X2CkjjB.jpg

vts00ay.jpg

Some shots I took with my D7000 last night.

I'm not professional and really don't even know what I'm doing. These pics were taken on just auto settings.

I have a lot to learn. I'll be doing some research to see how to do some things in the future.

Keep that cam in Manual and learn first hand how the exposure triangle works.

That aperture :wow:
That iso :ohlawd:
That shutter speed :blessed:

Welcome home @We Ready :mjcry:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Keep that cam in Manual and learn first hand how the exposure triangle works.

That aperture :wow:
That iso :ohlawd:
That shutter speed :blessed:

Welcome home @We Ready :mjcry:

So you suggest I keep in in manual mode as opposed to the aperture mode?

What are some definites I should know, like what aperture/iso/shutter speeds go together or which combos should never be used?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

What are some definites I should know, like what aperture/iso/shutter speeds go together or which combos should never be used?

Breh, keep that bish in manual and just have fun. Iso/Aperture/shutter has no right/wrong way of using em. Its more so, what style you want to get our of your camera. If you notice in this thread, lotta people are posting dope pics but are using different settings. You might want more highlights in your pictures and bump your iso, you might want a blur in your pics and slow down your shutter...there is no right/or wrong... just what feels right :shaq:

If you taking family portraits now, keep that shyt on auto so you don't fukk nothin up :skip:
but if you wanna get intimate with your cam :shaq: Manual all day every day. It's confusing, but it gets fun when you start figuring out what u like.

Post more shyt

:blessed:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Breh, keep that bish in manual and just have fun. Iso/Aperture/shutter has no right/wrong way of using em. Its more so, what style you want to get our of your camera. If you notice in this thread, lotta people are posting dope pics but are using different settings. You might want more highlights in your pictures and bump your iso, you might want a blur in your pics and slow down your shutter...there is no right/or wrong... just what feels right :shaq:

If you taking family portraits now, keep that shyt on auto so you don't fukk nothin up :skip:
but if you wanna get intimate with your cam :shaq: Manual all day every day. It's confusing, but it gets fun when you start figuring out what u like.

Post more shyt

:blessed:

Once I get somewhere where I can take pics of more than just my kids I'll start posting them. Will be interesting to see the progress.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.

I'd recommend picking up this book called Understanding Exposure 3rd Edition by Bryan Peterson. It helped me understand the difference between aperture, iso, and shutter speeds and how they correlate with each other.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I'd recommend picking up this book called Understanding Exposure 3rd Edition by Bryan Peterson. It helped me understand the difference between aperture, iso, and shutter speeds and how they correlate with each other.

You done with it? Hook me up

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
u really think he'd need an entire book just to understand exposure tho?

he could look up like 2-3 explanations on the internet and mess around with his cam and figure it out within a week or so imo

almost negged you off reflex for being lightskinned :patrice:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
u really think he'd need an entire book just to understand exposure tho?

he could look up like 2-3 explanations on the internet and mess around with his cam and figure it out within a week or so imo

almost negged you off reflex for being lightskinned :patrice:

:mjlol: Im brown skinned...but that flash got me lookin like @GoldenGlove long lost cousin :patrice: