Cleveland
IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
These are some of the 1st non-auto mode shots from my camera. Still getting used to it. I've now realized that I need to get a tripod if I'm going to keep shooting low-light in manual mode.
P1000621_zpsf1785d5c.jpg

P1000628_zps1551632f.jpg

P1000655_zps594d7d4e.jpg

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
These are some of the 1st non-auto mode shots from my camera. Still getting used to it. I've now realized that I need to get a tripod if I'm going to keep shooting low-light in manual mode.
P1000621_zpsf1785d5c.jpg

P1000628_zps1551632f.jpg

P1000655_zps594d7d4e.jpg
not necessarily breh, i mean if you're talkin about late night city/nature shots than yea you'd definitely need one, but indoors nah, you can just figure out the right settings and ISO for you camera to get a proper exposure and maybe cop a flash :yeshrug:

and when you say manual are you just talking about f-stop/shutter speed or are you talking about manual focus as well? :leostare:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
not necessarily breh, i mean if you're talkin about late night city/nature shots than yea you'd definitely need one, but indoors nah, you can just figure out the right settings and ISO for you camera to get a proper exposure and maybe cop a flash :yeshrug:

and when you say manual are you just talking about f-stop/shutter speed or are you talking about manual focus as well? :leostare:
I'm talking about f-stop/shutter speed.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm talking about f-stop/shutter speed.
i asked cuz idk how long i went before i realized i could manually focus with the ring on my lens :heh: when i finally did shyt was like :banderas: i felt like a dumbass for not realizing sooner, should've read the manual instead of thinkin i'd just figure everything out through trial and error :snoop:

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
i asked cuz idk how long i went before i realized i could manually focus with the ring on my lens :heh: when i finally did shyt was like :banderas: i felt like a dumbass for not realizing sooner, should've read the manual instead of thinkin i'd just figure everyone out through trial and error :snoop:
Luckily, I took a Photography I class in college, so i knew some of the basics. I wished I would have continued with it back then when the class was over, so that I wouldn't have to re-learn some of the basics.

When yall are out taking street photography, do you switch to auto-mode to quickly take shots or do you still keep it in manual?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Luckily, I took a Photography I class in college, so i knew some of the basics. I wished I would have continued with it back then when the class was over, so that I wouldn't have to re-learn some of the basics.

When yall are out taking street photography, do you switch to auto-mode to quickly take shots or do you still keep it in manual?
it wasn't even about basic stuff, i just had a new camera with a completely new interface and didn't even glance at how the new menu's and stuff worked before i started shooting :heh: the MF really helps me shooting in low light situations where the Auto-Focus would have a hard time figuring out what to have in focus

for quick shots for random street shyt, i switch to Aperture Priority or Shutter Speed priority depending on what i wanna do, i only do manual settings/focus if i know my subject isn't going anywhere (portraits, architecture, etc.) or if im gonna be chlling inside the same spot for a while

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

read up on zone focusing for street photography. especially if u dont have a fast lens

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Nice work!! What was your lighting setup?

Shot that in front of a bathroom door in a small ass hallway of a tattoo/piercing shop. Only used one speed light (yongnuo 560 II) modified with an umbrella. Cropped the image in lightroom and added a bit of vignetting and added the white borders.

There is a possibility that this may be in a tattoo magazine :lupe: I'll give ya'll the updates.