Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if the AF on the a6000 is as fast and they're claiming :whew: i might have to cop, perfect for them stealthy candids if you ask me :steviej:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53149901

This guy is doing a review on it and has it right now...

To put it simple: I'm blown away by the speed of AF, even in low light. Also the performance of the camera in low light situations is incredible, giving sharp results even hand-held.

But overall, I think this is the best experience focus-wise from a mirrorless camera I have ever put my hands on. Even so, I might dare to say, the best AF speed of all cameras tested

:banderas:

There are some videos on youtube also, and the AF looks great on this joint from what I've seen.

Spin

All Star
Daps
Coli bros I got my ass up early this morning to test out my x100 (inspired by Spinoza :whoo:). Looks like I need alot of work as the only pics that came out usable were basically on auto settings. Looking forward to the adventure :jawalrus:.

Last edited:

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
tumblr_n1ixyvenYB1r1oy95o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1bbzc5oib1r1oy95o1_1280.jpg

Spin

All Star
Daps

Question: How do you guys get your whole Flickr picture to show in the thread without it being shrunk? When I insert the url into the "image" tab the picture doesn't show at all.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
For those of you about that street/candid life... how do you balance being an observer (taking pictures) vs. being in the moment? I always struggle with this and it's why I been leaving my camera behind for the past few months. I miss out on great shots but it's nice to be able to enjoy life and not constantly be worrying about where to put my camera or where my next shot will come. I hate wearing my camera around my neck as well. It's not that big either.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Brehs I'm applying for some jobs where I may do a little graphic editing take some pictures.

How do y'all put you do photography in your resume if your just a amatuer not getting paid etc.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Brehs I'm applying for some jobs where I may do a little graphic editing take some pictures.

How do y'all put you do photography in your resume if your just a amatuer not getting paid etc.
i did an internship with a professional photog so i usually just put that
but if it's relevant to the job you're applying for i'd just put photography/photo editing under additional skills and put whatever website address (tumblr, flickr, etc.) that my work is at :manny:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
For those of you about that street/candid life... how do you balance being an observer (taking pictures) vs. being in the moment? I always struggle with this and it's why I been leaving my camera behind for the past few months. I miss out on great shots but it's nice to be able to enjoy life and not constantly be worrying about where to put my camera or where my next shot will come. I hate wearing my camera around my neck as well. It's not that big either.

ehh if you got a problem rocking your cam around your neck or in a small bookbag then idk what you tell you fam :yeshrug:

as far as the observer/in the moment question...... i dont really go out "looking" for shots :manny: i go out to do shyt, but im always looking at things through that "eye" while im doing shyt, and if something seems dope i'll have a cam there to catch it. If it feels like a chore/job to you then i'd say find something else to do cuz a hobby should always come naturally and be fun to you :ufdup: