Essential The Official Photography Thread

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Same, i feel like the best portrait shots are when the person isn't paying any attention to you

i hate when im tryna catch some in the moment shyt and people see the camera and fukking pose :snoop: on some facebook/myspace shyt

i damn near have to hide in the bushes to get any shots of someone acting natural :pachaha:

realness, shyt is terrible especially in nightclub photography. im trying to capture dancing and candid moments. fukk outta here with your posing. :smugfavre:

some recent stuff. shooting a lotta business portraits lately. they pay well :wow:

Executive Portrait
by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Mug
by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Versus
by Black_Tux, on Flickr
before and after. before b&w conversion

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
realness, shyt is terrible especially in nightclub photography. im trying to capture dancing and candid moments. fukk outta here with your posing. :smugfavre:

some recent stuff. shooting a lotta business portraits lately. they pay well :wow:

Executive Portrait
by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Mug
by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Versus
by Black_Tux, on Flickr
before and after. before b&w conversion

i get hit up for business portraits as well but i usually turn em down cuz they feel too "sterile" for me imo (if that makes sense) but that money does sound good sometimes :ehh:

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Took pics of my equipment when I got em, but never uploaded it.

Here is my 1 (old) Canon 430exII speedlight, w/ 3 of the Yongnuos (the 4th was in an umbrella) and two triggers. When I tell you these cheap asian flashes BODIES my canon...:wow: I will probably end up selling it, and coppin 2-3 more Yongnuos
Sj1CBti.jpg

Here is the reflector, stripbox, beauty dish and 60" umbrella in a side room at the office. So far so good

lVjU7uy.jpg

:patrice: I stole this idea from another photographer for easy backdrops. I went to Lowes and got some polystyrene boards in the insulation section and bought some matte paint and painted one side of the board with different colors and using the other white side as another reflector when needed. Here is how they look stacked next to each other

Ui5okoe.jpg

Finally here is a shot I did the same weekend I got the equipment...I used the beauty dish directly in front of them, and had my stripbox to the left of them and (I think) I had that silver reflector at their feet. Not much editing was done, just some basic color enhancments in lightroom. In the future I will have to soften the backdrop because I dont like how much detail is showing.

QA65Q9L.png

Also I did another shoot using the flipside of the foam board (the white side) and it turned out dope too :leon: got a nice lil blown out white background...This is an easy way to throw some variety in your shots when you workin w/ a model. Let her come thru w/ several outfits and match it with the background u want and shoot. When you're done, stack em up on top of each other and throw em in the corner.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@spinoza maaan this nikka i met from Jersey let me mess around with his fuji x100s for a few minutes today, that shyt is :noah: i understand why you like it so much

shyt is the perfect size for discreet candids too :whew: might have to cop

Daps
Haven't posted anything in here for a while. I copped the tokina 11-16 2.8 and replaced my cable release (these fukking things break so fast) and been working a lot more on my night photography stuff.

nubblefb-1.jpg

this is a 8 shot vertical panorama

wintercovefb.jpg

been trying longer foreground exposures and layer masking in photoshop. It was basically pitch black out when I took this so I did a 4 minute exposure for the foreground and then a 20 second exposure for the sky. It was cold af this night and my tripod had a layer of ice on the legs from the tide coming in

360cddfc-2519-4ba8-84df-cc4258b0a4ed.jpg

this one I tried playing around using a slower shutter speed and my flash.

This tokina 11-16 is :ohlawd:

I got asked to showcase some of my photos at this show in Boston next month. Gonna be a bunch of other photographers, various artists, fashion designers, music producers showcasing their work. I'm nervous cause I gotta drop some money to order some big metal prints and some canvas prints but it should be pretty dope

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I took this shot on Thanksgiving, didn't really think twice about it since then. Just randomly went through some old shots the other day and peeped it and edited it in black and white and it made Explore on flickr

Random af :laugh: