Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Question: How do you guys get your whole Flickr picture to show in the thread without it being shrunk? When I insert the url into the "image" tab the picture doesn't show at all.
When you're on the picture's page that you want to share, there's a button on the bottom right of the picture (or around there) that allows you to grab the HTML/BBCode link. I do that and put the size to Medium and they show up like they do.

I'm assuming you're just copying and pasting the page of the pic right? That's why it's distorting like that for you.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For those of you about that street/candid life... how do you balance being an observer (taking pictures) vs. being in the moment? I always struggle with this and it's why I been leaving my camera behind for the past few months. I miss out on great shots but it's nice to be able to enjoy life and not constantly be worrying about where to put my camera or where my next shot will come. I hate wearing my camera around my neck as well. It's not that big either.
I'd recommend throwing the neck strap in the bushes. You're shooting with a NEX, no need for it to be around your neck. Just get a hand strap and throw the camera in a jacket/coat pocket and keep it moving. I typically make sure I have somewhere to store my camera when I know I could potentially take some pics. Fall/Winter and even some of Spring out here, whenever I leave out, my coat or jacket has an inside pocket that fits my 5N perfectly fine. I can even bring another lens if I chose to.

And I would just think about taking some quality shots that capture the moment and then just put the camera away if you want. But if you have a hand strap, it'll be easily there for you to pick up and shoot without it being just hanging there on your neck telling everybody you're a photographer.

I use an old Wii Remote strap on my camera.

189/365
by K e N, on Flickr

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@GoldenGlove i can get a Olympus OM-D E-M10 from my homeboy for the low right now, but im not to sure about Four Thirds since i never had one :lupe: thoughts? figured it would be a good inbetween cam, not too bulky that i wouldn't want to carry it around and a lil better than the other compact ones i've been looking at (especially since i can get it for alot less than retail)

olympus got a good bit of lenses as well :whoo:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@GoldenGlove i can get a Olympus OM-D E-M10 from my homeboy for the low right now, but im not to sure about Four Thirds since i never had one :lupe: thoughts? figured it would be a good inbetween cam, not too bulky that i wouldn't want to carry it around and a lil better than the other compact ones i've been looking at (especially since i can get it for alot less than retail)

olympus got a good bit of lenses as well :whoo:
Just looked at it on Amazon and it looks like it's a damn good camera. I've never used a 4/3rds though, the NEX system has a APS-C sensor which is slightly bigger (crop factor on 4/3rds is 2.1 and it's 1.5 on APS-C)

I have heard about Olympus having a ton of lenses to work with though. Drop some pics when you get a chance breh... I know I really enjoy having the compactness of my cam. It goes a long way for me.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Just looked at it on Amazon and it looks like it's a damn good camera. I've never used a 4/3rds though, the NEX system has a APS-C sensor which is slightly bigger (crop factor on 4/3rds is 2.1 and it's 1.5 on APS-C)

I have heard about Olympus having a ton of lenses to work with though. Drop some pics when you get a chance breh... I know I really enjoy having the compactness of my cam. It goes a long way for me.
i'd most likely be able to compensate with the smaller sensor by copping a couple different lenses and making adjustments to the distance between me and my subject and my subject to the background :manny:

and yea since im more into candid/street/portrait type stuff i'd much rather have something compact, with the holy grail being that fuji x100 :ohlawd:

he aint gonna be in town for a few more weeks so i still got some time to think about it but i think im copping :yeshrug:

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's wild how much money companies are making by convincing newer photographer and enthusiasts that you gotta have a full frame to be legit :smh:

shyt is laughable :heh: i be seein nikkas in the club or out in the street during the day time in areas with a pretty narrow field of view with big ass full frames and im like :snoop:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

band
by spin.coli, on Flickr

skins1
by spin.coli, on Flickr

whos the chick in the yellow top
full