Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
For those of you about that street/candid life... how do you balance being an observer (taking pictures) vs. being in the moment? I always struggle with this and it's why I been leaving my camera behind for the past few months. I miss out on great shots but it's nice to be able to enjoy life and not constantly be worrying about where to put my camera or where my next shot will come. I hate wearing my camera around my neck as well. It's not that big either.

photography is a way of controlling your future/reality. If you want to take pics of interesting things you gotta change your life in a way that will allow you to take those photos. If I didn't have the camera I wouldn't get to do and see the things I'm doing right now. Its about balance though, I don't bring my camera everywhere...only when i'm in the mood. I had an awesome night last night...........I wish I had my camera on me but its OK ill save it for the next time.

Brehs I'm applying for some jobs where I may do a little graphic editing take some pictures.

How do y'all put you do photography in your resume if your just a amateur not getting paid etc.

I'm getting paid now (still not my main source of income) but this is basically what my photography CV looks like.

http://elllis.de/contact

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
down by hte frozen lake
:ehh:

12725415765_a04a02c84b_z.jpg

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't even see anything special about his photos. That's one thing I never got about art... the whole hypebeast element of it.
word i feel exactly the same, i look at the eye alot of brehs have in here and im like :ohhh::whew: and then go on instagram and look at the stuff that gets 10k likes and im just :mindblown::why::snoop: .... i only follow illustrators on there now

if you wanna blow up on instagram just take random(or smoking weed/tobacco) pics with a shallow depth of field, composition or story telling dont matter :manny:

As far as the "hypebeast element" stuff you were talking about, you gotta think about this visual art shyt just like music
insta and tumblr are equivalent to the radio and datpiff imo, to find the really dope shyt you gotta go to the lowkey art forums where it's only like 70 members, all relatively famous artists :ohlawd: all under aliases :ninja2:, u gotta pick up the magazines, prolly seein a buncha names you never heard of, and look em up.......nikkas who havin international showcases only be havin like 1.5k followers on twitter n shyt :upsetfavre:
you just gotta dig breh :yeshrug:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@GoldenGlove you always do a good job at documenting shyt, always get a feel for what you've been up to day to day just by looking at your pics :salute:

but did yall nikkas see how this instagram photographer nikka made 15k in one day? :mindblown: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffber...hotographer-made-15k-in-one-day-on-instagram/

:wow:
He was able to do that because he built a strong following... but it's pretty amazing. I always felt like social media is big for marketing when used correctly. This is a prime example of that. Hats off to him.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't even see anything special about his photos. That's one thing I never got about art... the whole hypebeast element of it.

word i feel exactly the same, i look at the eye alot of brehs have in here and im like :ohhh::whew: and then go on instagram and look at the stuff that gets 10k likes and im just :mindblown::why::snoop: .... i only follow illustrators on there now

if you wanna blow up on instagram just take random(or smoking weed/tobacco) pics with a shallow depth of field, composition or story telling dont matter :manny:

As far as the "hypebeast element" stuff you were talking about, you gotta think about this visual art shyt just like music
insta and tumblr are equivalent to the radio and datpiff imo, to find the really dope shyt you gotta go to the lowkey art forums where it's only like 70 members, all relatively famous artists :ohlawd: all under aliases :ninja2:, u gotta pick up the magazines, prolly seein a buncha names you never heard of, and look em up.......nikkas who havin international showcases only be havin like 1.5k followers on twitter n shyt :upsetfavre:
you just gotta dig breh :yeshrug:
I think the appeal to his photos is the the boldness of them. They aren't technical or staged, and a lot of people love that. Just life through his eyes no filter.