Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one who prefers shooting w/ manual focus? Somethin bout physically turnin that lens until you get it perfect that I love. Plus you can shoot faster. The only problem is it's WAY harder to get candids unless you're pre-focusing on the area and tweaking on the fly.
I like shooting DMF on the NEX, sort of like the best from both worlds (auto and manual focus)

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
chb6.png

In the garden at school. I started my lighting class, so hopefully soon ill have some good pics to post, once they show us how to use everything.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I'm new to photography, took a few pictures to get my feet wet and copped some books on photography. Cannot wait to see where this goes!

73dj.jpg

p1wb.jpg

7gil.jpg

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
6FVcEZF.jpg

mJDBkor.jpg

tuOree9.jpg

SmWJObh.jpg

@spinoza Your rant on portrait photography was so true. I dunno where you put it, i think it was IG... but anyway I be feelin the same way. I fukkin hate taking portrait shots. I feel like it's never interesting enough and I don't know what to tell folks to do. Ever since peeps found out I had a camera they always want me to shoot them. I'd rather stick to candids and abstract shyt. I love capturing the mood in a photo.
Same, i feel like the best portrait shots are when the person isn't paying any attention to you

i hate when im tryna catch some in the moment shyt and people see the camera and fukking pose :snoop: on some facebook/myspace shyt

i damn near have to hide in the bushes to get any shots of someone acting natural :pachaha:

Last edited:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Welcome. It's can become an obsession. What type of camera do you have? Good to see someone else reppin Benny Gold.

I have the Canon EOS Rebel T3. Props for spotting the Benny Gold beanie. I love the underground apparel scene like Benny Gold, Rook and etc. I hope to own and design my own apparel brand one day.