Essential The Official Photography Thread

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Damn I didn't even know this thread existed.
Any of y'all fukk with mirrorless system cameras? Finally decided to go mid range and step up from Point and shoot/iPhone and ordered a samsung nx1000.
Didn't want a dslr as they are pretty bulky

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Damn I didn't even know this thread existed.
Any of y'all fukk with mirrorless system cameras? Finally decided to go mid range and step up from Point and shoot/iPhone and ordered a samsung nx1000.
Didn't want a dslr as they are pretty bulky

I dont mess with them yet. But Sony is pushing the industry by making the A7 and A7r Full Frame Mirrorless cameras.

I don't wanna give up Nikon but they haven't convinced me yet that the Nikon DF is worth $2800 when sony is selling the A7 for $1700.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I've never done it before, but I am guessing that the spot healing brush tool on Photoshop would do it fairly quick.

Y

how do you edit people who's veins in they're eyes are clearly visible?

I've done everything from patch tool, to spot healing, and even painting. Once you've done a few and get a process they are easier down the road.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Model shoot and some stuff around the house........

IMG_0486a.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7045.jpg

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ended up settling on the samsung nx1100.. It comes with a 20-50mm lens. Any other lens I should start saving for?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
@spinoza Your rant on portrait photography was so true. I dunno where you put it, i think it was IG... but anyway I be feelin the same way. I fukkin hate taking portrait shots. I feel like it's never interesting enough and I don't know what to tell folks to do. Ever since peeps found out I had a camera they always want me to shoot them. I'd rather stick to candids and abstract shyt. I love capturing the mood in a photo.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
what do you guys think of this

That shyt will make maaad money if they market it right. Only issue will be you need an internet connection. But the fact that it can print will move units. I can see teenage girls goin crazy over it. Depends on how they price it tho. :patrice: It's a risk because people want an all-in-one device. This clearly isn't for the real photographers... Are the girls gonna wanna put another item in their purse? :patrice:

11/365 by K e N, on Flickr

12/365 by K e N, on Flickr

Nice black on black. You got a studio setup? How'd you do this shot? :lupe:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nice black on black. You got a studio setup? How'd you do this shot? :lupe:

Yeah, I threw together a small home studio at the end of December.

For the shot I just used the 2 kit lights through umbrellas that came with the set I got and snapped some shots while he was smoking. I turned the blacks down bit in post processing to get that vividly dark look to the blacks in the photo. Nothing special really. I have some more shots from that shoot that I haven't posted yet, I'll drop em sometime soon.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Am I the only one who prefers shooting w/ manual focus? Somethin bout physically turnin that lens until you get it perfect that I love. Plus you can shoot faster. The only problem is it's WAY harder to get candids unless you're pre-focusing on the area and tweaking on the fly.