Essential The Official Photography Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
bt4Uo7q.jpg

Shot this at ISO 800 f/ 1.4 because I wanted to keep the grain down as much as possible. Still had to bump the exposure up a lot in Lightroom and the end product is still grainy as shyt :why: :snoop:

Times like this I be lookin at the 5d Mark III like :shaq: ... I coulda put that bish at ISO 3200, snapped away and still could have went home with a clean file.

:manny: Its all good tho

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
bt4Uo7q.jpg

Shot this at ISO 800 f/ 1.4 because I wanted to keep the grain down as much as possible. Still had to bump the exposure up a lot in Lightroom and the end product is still grainy as shyt :why: :snoop:

Times like this I be lookin at the 5d Mark III like :shaq: ... I coulda put that bish at ISO 3200, snapped away and still could have went home with a clean file.

You dont know how bad I want that 5D mark III :noah:

$3500 tho :whoa:

I'd be forced to go into this as a job to justify that purchase, but I'd get jobs with the camera alone :whew:

I look at my 7D :flabbynsick: sometimes with the :scusthov:
I try not to think about that 5D, but I seen a girl at school with one, I might have to make a new friend :mjpls:

:shaq:

What camera are you shooting with tho?

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
bt4Uo7q.jpg

when u gonna get a flickr?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

I'd be forced to go into this as a job to justify that purchase, but I'd get jobs with the camera alone :whew:

I try not to think about that 5D, but I seen a girl at school with one, I might have to make a new friend :mjpls:

:skip: You shootin better than me, I got the Rebel T2:flabbynsick: and still only use my 50mm 1.4 . All the shots I do is natural light, not even a reflector was used. (gonna cop one soon tho) That last shoot showed me the limitations of my camera doing natural light, cause a lot my low light shots was stuggle status.

I would love to see this. Do you still have the link?

I got all that stuff plus more on my external at home. If I had a place large enough to upload em, I would share em with ya'll. I got atleast 150 gigs worth of Photography videos/courses in the stash.

when u gonna get a flickr?

I got one, but I've been using it more like file storage than anything. I got a lot of crap on there.

Daps
I hear that on wanting

I hear that on wanting to upgrade to the 5D, I have a 60D right now and I'd love to move up to full-frame. It'd be nice just for working in the high ISO range. I really want to get into astrophotography where working in the iso3200 range is the norm...my 60D just doesn't handle low light that well without getting too much noise. I just got an offer today to work with this guy doing events/weddings as his backup photographer, with the possibility of making 1-2 grand for each event which would be fukking dope. A couple events like that and I'd be upgrading to full frame with the quickness and buying some nice L series glass. Time will tell

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Also shooting with a 60D. It's new and it's a huge step up from my old Nikon D60, but I dream of the 5D also.
Apparently all the photographers where I work shoot with a Canon EOS-1D X. The photographer today was saying that the camera cost $13,000. :blessed:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:skip: You shootin better than me, I got the Rebel T2:flabbynsick: and still only use my 50mm 1.4 . All the shots I do is natural light, not even a reflector was used. (gonna cop one soon tho) That last shoot showed me the limitations of my camera doing natural light, cause a lot my low light shots was stuggle status.

I got all that stuff plus more on my external at home. If I had a place large enough to upload em, I would share em with ya'll. I got atleast 150 gigs worth of Photography videos/courses in the stash.

I got one, but I've been using it more like file storage than anything. I got a lot of crap on there.
I dont use reflectors either, I want to get either the canon 1.4 or the sigma 1.4 I need a prime lens asap, I was on the all natural light wagon too, but the lack of any lens with an aperture under f/2.8 has me changing my tune, I think ima get a flash in a month or less, that or an 1.4 lens, most likely the flash tho since I will be taking a lighting class next semester.

You should be able to upload things to here I downloaded a 14 GB file from there once

https://mega.co.nz

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hear that on wanting

I hear that on wanting to upgrade to the 5D, I have a 60D right now and I'd love to move up to full-frame. It'd be nice just for working in the high ISO range. I really want to get into astrophotography where working in the iso3200 range is the norm...my 60D just doesn't handle low light that well without getting too much noise. I just got an offer today to work with this guy doing events/weddings as his backup photographer, with the possibility of making 1-2 grand for each event which would be fukking dope. A couple events like that and I'd be upgrading to full frame with the quickness and buying some nice L series glass. Time will tell

The 6D is full frame, and a lil cheaper than the 5D, that will be good practice, soak up as much knowledge as you can too while you have the chance.
Also shooting with a 60D. It's new and it's a huge step up from my old Nikon D60, but I dream of the 5D also.
Apparently all the photographers where I work shoot with a Canon EOS-1D X. The photographer today was saying that the camera cost $13,000. :blessed:
I think the camera is like $7,000, but that is way out of my budget, shyt the 5D is too I think I would go with the 5d just because I could get two really great lens with the money I save, and my 7D already shoots like 8 fps, and I dont want to be forced into always having that size camera, I dont even keep the battery grip on mine anymore.

Also I dont think either camera has a built in flash