Essential The Official Photography Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Do people ever look at you when they hear that loud ass CHII CHINGGG shutter?

Depends on how close I am to them.

The people sitting on the benches didn't hear the shutter sound, nor did the guy waiting on his break from work. He was just looking at me because I had stopped on the side to just capture the scene from right there.

Can't you just cut the shutter sound off?

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i havent even taken any pictures in a while

im so lazy brehs
Me too, just now when I was parking I seen a racc00n on top of the trash, and I thought to myself "this would make a nice picture, I should go grab my camera", but then I proceeded to go home, hop on my laptop, and get on the coli, but next semester ima take a lighting class and photography class. Hopefully, I will stay in a photo taking mood.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you negros purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020, you would always have a powerful camera on your person at all times.
I got the 925, best I can get on tmobile without going the unlocked route , which I'd rather spend that on a lens:yeshrug:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I'm on my 3rd day working at an actual studio. I've worked in the fashion business for almost 10 years (most of it on the corporate side) just started working at my companies 12 set studio. I'm not taking photos or anything glamorous yet, but with the right connections hopefully I can gain some knowledge and possibly become an assistant photographer or assistant stylist. The equipment here is ridiculous.

I'm at work so I can't post pics, but the here is a list of the models on set yesterday. Brittany Depriest, Nellie Anderson, Alisa Znaroka, Gigi Paris, Irina Sharipova.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm on my 3rd day working at an actual studio. I've worked in the fashion business for almost 10 years (most of it on the corporate side) just started working at my companies 12 set studio. I'm not taking photos or anything glamorous yet, but with the right connections hopefully I can gain some knowledge and possibly become an assistant photographer or assistant stylist. The equipment here is ridiculous.

I'm at work so I can't post pics, but the here is a list of the models on set yesterday. Brittany Depriest, Nellie Anderson, Alisa Znaroka, Gigi Paris, Irina Sharipova.
I dapped this before I could google them to see if they're actually hot models.
But I'll take your word for it.

:manny:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I'm on my 3rd day working at an actual studio. I've worked in the fashion business for almost 10 years (most of it on the corporate side) just started working at my companies 12 set studio...

Breh can you recommend any lighting equipment your studio uses?

I'm split between coppin several Yongnuo 560's and throwin a softbox on top of them bishes, but then I started looking at them alien bees

http://www.paulcbuff.com/b800.php

:patrice:

Daps
I just joined, it's dope that there are some talented photographers on here. Here's some of my recent shyt

waukewan3-1.jpg

fairfbpano.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

HDRsaltmarsh3.jpg

Last edited:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I dapped this before I could google them to see if they're actually hot models.
But I'll take your word for it.

:manny:

I mean they are models. Good looking, but I don't know about their bodies. I'll post some pics of them later.

Breh can you recommend any lighting equipment your studio uses?

I'm split between coppin several Yongnuo 560's and throwin a softbox on top of them bishes, but then I started looking at them alien bees

http://www.paulcbuff.com/b800.php

:patrice:

I'll look around. Kind of new so I'm not wanting to step on sets I shouldn't be on yet. Give me a week or so I'll see what I get find out.