16032_IMG_6701.JPG

hanging out in midtown last week..straight off the memory card

This is a good one.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100 bucks an hour seems reasonable and the time it takes to retouch is included. So say its a 2 hour session...which is rare then 200 bucks. The time it will take you edit the photos are included in that 2 hours.

I have an agent so I've got low 4 figures for a shoot that lasted an hour before. (it did take like 3 times as long to edit all the photos though) That's like commercial/music business stuff so they can pay for that. For regular people 100/hr seems fair.

forgive me if this has been asked already, but what kind of gear (besides your camera/tripod) do you use?...any lighting setup.

also, how'd you learn post processing? you mind sharing some before and after photos? your shots have this nice grain to them while also having really good ambience...how do you achieve that?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
forgive me if this has been asked already, but what kind of gear (besides your camera/tripod) do you use?...any lighting setup.

also, how'd you learn post processing? you mind sharing some before and after photos? your shots have this nice grain to them while also having really good ambience...how do you achieve that?

I have lights, no umbrella or soft box or anything like that. My boy has a studio and If i need to borrow anything I can use his. By experimentation and researching the net Ive figured out some cool ways to make the most of a lack of gear. I'm looking for a studio now, well actually just a loft to live in that I can also use as a studio. Post processing is one of the hardest things in photography but it definitely the thing that makes your style and sets the mood your trying to achieve. How did I learn? You just got to practice and experiment and compare your stuff to the best. There's no easy answer but there are tutorials on photoshop that can teach you the technical stuff. The main thing comes down to taste. If you have good taste youll learn how to take good pictures. I spend time doing researching the craft, studying what I've done, looking at the best, and trying to figure out the essence of photography. Skill wise I'm not even half way where I want to be but im improving everyday.

from today

Untitled
by MrEllis, on Flickr

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another question about tumblr/HTML in general...

I'm taking baby steps setting this photoblog site up, I've thrown up a few landscape images, which are fine. The width is set to 800px on the theme that I'm using. That's cool for displaying the landscape images, which make up most of the shots I take. However, when I put up a tall/vertical image the pic's width stays set at 800px and makes it big af on the page. I see how to change the width size for all the posts/photos, but I just want to be able to set this number for individual images (ie. the verticle pics I put up). Any help would be appreciated.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Another question about tumblr/HTML in general...

I'm taking baby steps setting this photoblog site up, I've thrown up a few landscape images, which are fine. The width is set to 800px on the theme that I'm using. That's cool for displaying the landscape images, which make up most of the shots I take. However, when I put up a tall/vertical image the pic's width stays set at 800px and makes it big af on the page. I see how to change the width size for all the posts/photos, but I just want to be able to set this number for individual images (ie. the verticle pics I put up). Any help would be appreciated.
that probably has to do with what ever theme you are using. chane the theme and see if it does the same thing... tis my guess

had to report dat scusting ass post