Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
that probably has to do with what ever theme you are using. chane the theme and see if it does the same thing... tis my guess

had to report dat scusting ass post
:patrice:

I was thinking that as well, but when I right click the pics on the page after I post them and go into the Inspect Element option in Chrome I can change the width size from there (the img/jpg doesn't show up in the HTML options when I open it up in the Tumblr editor though)... it just reverts back to the 800 shyt everytime the page is refreshed. It feels like something so simple that's why I haven't installed another them yet.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:patrice:

I was thinking that as well, but when I right click the pics on the page after I post them and go into the Inspect Element option in Chrome I can change the width size from there (the img/jpg doesn't show up in the HTML options when I open it up in the Tumblr editor though)... it just reverts back to the 800 shyt everytime the page is refreshed. It feels like something so simple that's why I haven't installed another them yet.
:ohhh: i understand now, i think with basic tumblr themes, if u set that limit it goes for everything across the board. if u can just leave that shyt to auto, it will just auto size everything. u might not like that, but i think thats the only option. you got a a tumblr blog that u follow that does the images how u want them?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: i understand now, i think with basic tumblr themes, if u set that limit it goes for everything across the board. if u can just leave that shyt to auto, it will just auto size everything. u might not like that, but i think thats the only option. you got a a tumblr blog that u follow that does the images how u want them?

Most of the blogs I've seen don't have the vertical images as large as mine. It's only making the vertical pics too big IMO.

For instance, Spinoza's tall images that he links from his flickr account display the same size as the source image that's on flickr. With my shyt, even if I right click the pic in flickr and select a smaller dimension to paste/upload on tumblr, when it hits my page, no matter what size I selected, it puts it at 800px on the page, which then makes the length long af...

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Most of the blogs I've seen don't have the vertical images as large as mine. It's only making the vertical pics too big IMO.

For instance, Spinoza's tall images that he links from his flickr account display the same size as the source image that's on flickr. With my shyt, even if I right click the pic in flickr and select a smaller dimension to paste/upload on tumblr, when it hits my page, no matter what size I selected, it puts it at 800px on the page, which then makes the length long af...
right, u gotta remove the '800px' completely from the tumblr.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
9535146350_db6a5eefd6_b.jpg

9532375347_7a32a36366_h.jpg

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is really great, really got me thinking this is a hobby I'd love to get into, but where do I start?

Anyone know a good start up camera?

Any decent tutorials on how to go start learning the basics of getting some good shots and learning from there?

At the moment I've got a canon powershot sx130 IS and a fuji finepix XP60 (underwater camera), I'm guessing I'll have to upgrade, so any suggestion for a good starter camera?

Thanks

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
This thread is really great, really got me thinking this is a hobby I'd love to get into, but where do I start?

Anyone know a good start up camera?

Any decent tutorials on how to go start learning the basics of getting some good shots and learning from there?

At the moment I've got a canon powershot sx130 IS and a fuji finepix XP60 (underwater camera), I'm guessing I'll have to upgrade, so any suggestion for a good starter camera?

Thanks

Question, are you extremely comfortable using the powrshot?

What's your budget for another camera?