Essential The Official Photography Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
@GoldenGlove @spinoza @Black_Tux and whoever else takes the photos on a pro/semi-pro level...

how much would ya charge (round about dont want your exact figures out there) for a 2hr sessions, headshots...pause, mainly? minor retouchin and they'd get a cd of the high res images...

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
@GoldenGlove @spinoza @Black_Tux and whoever else takes the photos on a pro/semi-pro level...

how much would ya charge (round about dont want your exact figures out there) for a 2hr sessions, headshots...pause, mainly? minor retouchin and they'd get a cd of the high res images...

100 bucks an hour seems reasonable and the time it takes to retouch is included. So say its a 2 hour session...which is rare then 200 bucks. The time it will take you edit the photos are included in that 2 hours.

I have an agent so I've got low 4 figures for a shoot that lasted an hour before. (it did take like 3 times as long to edit all the photos though) That's like commercial/music business stuff so they can pay for that. For regular people 100/hr seems fair.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I have a question for those who use tumblr...

How do I link my flickr photos to my tumblr directly? I've tried using the share options that are on flickr, but image quality isn't the same compared to when I just upload the same image directly to the page. Sharing also doesn't look as good as it does when I grab the HTML link from flickr and post it to tumblr that way either. Is it something with the theme that I'm using for this? I would prefer for the pics I'm using from flickr to be opened on their respective flickr pages with 1 click. Currently, they go to another page on tumblr, then they go to the basic tumblr pic viewer or whatever.

You can use the actual flickr image link when uploading a photo. Then set the click through like to the flickr photo page.

Are you guys shy about just snapping photos of people in public who are strangers or do you ask first.

Not really but there are ways to shoot without being noticed. I think its a state of mind too, when im on vacation I don't feel nervous about taking pics. I don't put my camera around my neck really, i usually keep it in my chicks purse. Then when I want to take a pic i just pull it out and snap and put it back...takes a second.

ITs funny though...i was snapping pics today in this alley way and these two kids walked through...maybe a 2nd later. They must have been like 10 or 11, i felt a bit weird.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Are you guys shy about just snapping photos of people in public who are strangers or do you ask first.

i also shoot from the hip sometimes(some people hate the technique) or zone/pre focus, so its kinda quick for me to put the cam up to face, snap then keep it moving if i already have the frame i want the person to be in before i shot, and they are within the zone of my focus :manny:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I haven't done any paid shoots as of yet, but I guess setting an hourly rate would be the way to go. For 2 hours you can set the price and then say every half hour to hour after is another set amount. Factor in the post processing into the price also.

ridge

Daps
294_IMG_6719.JPG

16032_IMG_6701.JPG

48309_IMG_6691.JPG

hanging out in midtown last week..straight off the memory card

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dope pic quality even when those are blown up. They took a while to load up though.

ridge

Daps
Dope pic quality even when those are blown up. They took a while to load up though.

taken with a kit lens 18-55mm.. surprisingly came out half decent

pics couldve been much better if i had my prime lens..but the wife was using it for work

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
taken with a kit lens 18-55mm.. surprisingly came out half decent

pics couldve been much better if i had my prime lens..but the wife was using it for work
What camera were those taken with?