Essential The Official Photography Thread

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
This thread is really great, really got me thinking this is a hobby I'd love to get into, but where do I start?

Anyone know a good start up camera?

Any decent tutorials on how to go start learning the basics of getting some good shots and learning from there?

At the moment I've got a canon powershot sx130 IS and a fuji finepix XP60 (underwater camera), I'm guessing I'll have to upgrade, so any suggestion for a good starter camera?

Thanks

Welcome to a very expensive hobby. I'd say the biggest question is what is your price range for a camera?

I'm sure there are some great tutorials out there and I probably should check out some myself, but I also feel like the best way to learn is to go out and just start shooting. In the beginning your pictures won't be good, but with time and practice you start getting better. Look at other peoples pictures and see how they framed their subject. Instead of always just shooting the subject in the center mix it up and put it in the far right or left. Also take more then one shot of the same thing. I usually take multiple pics from different angles and go back and see what one turned out the best.

Enjoy. Taking pictures can be an expensive and addicting hobby.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question, are you extremely comfortable using the powrshot?

What's your budget for another camera?
No, i just use it on auto focus and tbh I have no clue about photography, coming in as a complete beginner, was even wondering if there was a night scoll class or something, I love travelling and would like to take greSt picture while doing that.

I earn decent money, but have no clue about budgets?

Would 500 quid get me anything good? ($700/800)

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
No, i just use it on auto focus and tbh I have no clue about photography, coming in as a complete beginner, was even wondering if there was a night scoll class or something, I love travelling and would like to take greSt picture while doing that.

No worries man. About a year and a half ago, I was in that same boat. I was rolling with a small 7-pixel snapshot canon camera lol. It's kinda hard to tell you the definite right camera to start with because of so many different opinions. Do you at least know what brand you want? If so, read up on the different level of cams the company has and white fits your price range. You probably won't understand too much of the specs until you start using the camera. Then you might start filtering out what you're looking for in a camera.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna do some reading up and see how I go, hopefully learn something and come back here for more advice.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

$700-800 can get you a good Canon or Nikon. Not in the upper levels, but it can get you started.

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
forgot this was in my cam :heh:

urOJs6d.jpg

somebody should have got their uncle :laff:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Latest video I shot not too long ago. Just some chill shyt we ended up shooting during a BDay/Coming Home party. I would have changed some of the composition if I edited but it's straight...