Essential The Official Photography Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Coincidentally i have this same camera. I have peaking set to high with the color yellow. When i turn the manual focus knob i see yellow static around the edges of some objects. The photo appears to be in focus. What does this mean though when you see this static in the photograph.
:dead:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Coincidentally i have this same camera. I have peaking set to high with the color yellow. When i turn the manual focus knob i see yellow static around the edges of some objects. The photo appears to be in focus. What does this mean though when you see this static in the photograph.
The static color is telling you precisely what is in focus at that moment. The color/focus will change when you turn the ring. Instead of it zooming in and showing you what's in focus when you have MF Assist on, it just highlights it instead so you don't mess the framing up.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Located in the East Bay just slightly north of San Jose right on the SF Bay was once a thriving 'Drawbridge' town in the 1920's. Some 90 buildings, that included homes, shops and fishing spots. A lot has changed in the near 100 years. The last resident left in the 1970's; And for the past 40 years the buildings sunk into the bay or were washed away. You can still see the remnants of the town if you take either Amtrak or ACE Train south from Fremont towards San Jose. Ive taken these 2 pics of it. Many here don't know about the once booming fishing town. I did some research when I got here to work. I took the upper pic this morning on my way to work with my camera phone on ACE. The lower pic about a year ago when I was headed from San Jose to Sacramento. Also on my shytty camera phone.
As you can tell, the one from Amtrak was taken on the 2nd level

IMG_20130809_072325_zpscc84fc4f.jpg

67538510e8bb11e1880f22000a1e8a70_7_zps7f1a8bce.jpg

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
I've got paid for some videos I've shot for a friend.

I'm in the process of putting together a tumblr page to be used as my photography site/portfolio. The pic a day challenge that I'm doing was just a step to force myself to get to know my camera better and improve my eye for photography. I've also learned a ton about composing images in the process. Once I get the page/blog up I'll see how it goes as far as doing shoots and shooting stuff for people. I haven't really gotten to that point yet. After all the pics I've taken, I don't even know which ones I would even put in a portfolio.

I'm thinking about shooting some videos with my T4i, ive only played with it so far, do you use auto focus for video or manual?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking about shooting some videos with my T4i, ive only played with it so far, do you use auto focus for video or manual?
I use both depending on the lighting conditions and if I want to be out of focus for an kind of effect in a video.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Alright since more than one person mentioned the exposure on here, here are the same pics adjusted

tumblr_mr57yzkX001qcbx0io1_500.jpg

tumblr_mr57yzkX001qcbx0io3_500.jpg

tumblr_mr57yzkX001qcbx0io4_500.jpg

tumblr_mr57yzkX001qcbx0io6_500.jpg

tumblr_mr57yzkX001qcbx0io7_500.jpg

The contrast is still way to high. Its almost harsh on the eyes and you cant make out the details. The prics were probably overexposed in cam so theres nothing you can do about it now. Its all about balance.

photographers
by MrEllis, on Flickr