Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How much retouching do you do. Them shyt are clean.
With some shots it honestly depends on how I'm feeling when I put the pic in Lightroom. Some shots I don't do much too at all, and some I do. With that one that you quoted, I prolly spent like 20 minutes playing around with it.

craigsagersuit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Sandalous
286-43_zpsb8f268e0.jpg

not the cleanest edit :yeshrug:

158-28_zpsc282675d.jpg

221-32_zps93bf0d53.jpg

244-36_zps958318e4.jpg

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I've been on a upgrade spree, but I settled down with a $1500 camera with a $1100 lens. Now, I need to work on composition any tips? places to go lil things to look for? also, any tips for working with models? I haven't shot any people before mostly animals, also, any landscape tips?

What lens and camera? The most I paid for a lens was $1350...i didn;t use it as much as I thought I would. I ended up selling it for $1300. At times I wish I hadn't, but those times are rare.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What lens and camera? The most I paid for a lens was $1350...i didn;t use it as much as I thought I would. I ended up selling it for $1300. At times I wish I hadn't, but those times are rare.
Canon 7D With the Canon 24-105mm f/4L I have probably invested $1000 into everything tho cuz I usually get shyt dirt cheap then resell them for douple and triple what I paid, I got that lens because I wanted an L and it was all I could afford, but that combo should give me some decent results once I work on my personal skills.

I will say the lens was worth it not just for the picture quality bump, or the weather sealing, but the IS on it is better than any of my old lenses.. I can shoot 1/6 sec and get pretty decent results, the 24mm on the crop does limit me some tho, but I havent really got out to shoot, ive been busy since I got it

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Canon 7D With the Canon 24-105mm f/4L I have probably invested $1000 into everything tho cuz I usually get shyt dirt cheap then resell them for douple and triple what I paid, I got that lens because I wanted an L and it was all I could afford, but that combo should give me some decent results once I work on my personal skills.

I will say the lens was worth it not just for the picture quality bump, or the weather sealing, but the IS on it is better than any of my old lenses.. I can shoot 1/6 sec and get pretty decent results, the 24mm on the crop does limit me some tho, but I havent really got out to shoot, ive been busy since I got it

The canon I mentioned was the canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS i ...yeah, i didn;t mind taking a $50 hit. I had it for like 4 months and hadn't done much with it. Very sweet lens though. And easy to sell.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The canon I mentioned was the canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS i ...yeah, i didn;t mind taking a $50 hit. I had it for like 4 months and hadn't done much with it. Very sweet lens though. And easy to sell.
Yeah my bro-in-law has that one its nice, but i am dying for the 2nd version of it. Too bad its $2,500. Im not gonna buy anymore shyt until I get better with what I have.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Yeah my bro-in-law has that one its nice, but i am dying for the 2nd version of it. Too bad its $2,500. Im not gonna buy anymore shyt until I get better with what I have.

What would you plan on shooting with it? I was cool with it at first but then the weight started getting to me. I had it on a 60d, so it was extra cropped. I didn't feel I needed to keep it with that camera. Much more effective on a full frame in my opinion.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What would you plan on shooting with it? I was cool with it at first but then the weight started getting to me. I had it on a 60d, so it was extra cropped. I didn't feel I needed to keep it with that camera. Much more effective on a full frame in my opinion.
Birds in flight, plus I have a pass to the zoo and wild animal park out here in San Diego, so I could use the extra reach