Essential The Official Photography Thread

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Hey guys im selling my canon a 1 if anyone wants it shoot me a message and we can sort something out

$(KGrHqZ,!rIFHucp(czhBR-Unhm9(Q~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16VHJI!FHRwfffktBR-Un3ED0Q~~60_12.JPG

some photos from it with shytty film :lolbron:

tumblr_mqtb8yP1JZ1qiny74o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqtb8yP1JZ1qiny74o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqtb8yP1JZ1qiny74o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqtb8yP1JZ1qiny74o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqtb8yP1JZ1qiny74o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqtb8yP1JZ1qiny74o1_1280.jpg

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:

You have to weigh your options here fam. You're about to drop 1000 on either a lens or an upgraded camera. You already have the NEX-5 so you're already in the NEX system. You posted a link to the NEX-7 with the kit lens, I'm assuming that you already have that lens, so you won't need to buy the camera + the lens because you already have it.

Also, the NEX-7 will get a replacement model announced this year some time so the price on that will drop immediately after that's announced. If you want to upgrade and stay with that system, I'd suggest checking out the NEX-6. You can probably find the body on that for like 750 online. It has an EVF and flash built in like the 7 and it has the wifi apps which the 7 doesn't have. And even if you cop that 7 you won't get better low light performance than what you're getting now because you won't have the glass to go with it. The NEX-7 shines when you pair it with the Zeiss and the bump in MP makes more of a difference for prints (if you plan on doing that)

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:whoa:

You have to weigh your options here fam. You're about to drop 1000 on either a lens or an upgraded camera. You already have the NEX-5 so you're already in the NEX system. You posted a link to the NEX-7 with the kit lens, I'm assuming that you already have that lens, so you won't need to buy the camera + the lens because you already have it.

Also, the NEX-7 will get a replacement model announced this year some time so the price on that will drop immediately after that's announced. If you want to upgrade and stay with that system, I'd suggest checking out the NEX-6. You can probably find the body on that for like 750 online. It has an EVF and flash built in like the 7 and it has the wifi apps which the 7 doesn't have. And even if you cop that 7 you won't get better low light performance than what you're getting now because you won't have the glass to go with it. The NEX-7 shines when you pair it with the Zeiss and the bump in MP makes more of a difference for prints (if you plan on doing that)
So in your opinion you say get the lense over a new camera?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So in your opinion you say get the lense over a new camera?

If you see yourself sticking with the Sony NEX system then yeah, get the lens. If you plan on upgrading down the road and end up switching to a different brand/system then don't drop a stack on that lens. That's all I'm saying...

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If you see yourself sticking with the Sony NEX system then yeah, get the lens. If you plan on upgrading down the road and end up switching to a different brand/system then don't drop a stack on that lens. That's all I'm saying...
I only buy sony so i will be sticking with this system. I just wasnt sure if the benefits i got buying the nex7 outweighed the benefit of adding this zeiss lense to my nex-5

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
I just bought the Canon SX-500 IS last week. I'm a complete noob at photography and was about to head out around my campus to practice shooting but it started raining 5 minutes into my drive. :dry:

Any tips for a noobie photographer? Automatic vs manual? Some key terms defined?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thanks guys.

:dry:
I'd say work on your framing just starting out. Learning out to capture what you want in a shot will help you in the future as your eye for moments that you want to capture come to you.