Essential The Official Photography Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Stockwell skate park, always weird to me there is a skate park there lol.

Good you enjoyed it, post up a report or something at some point, id like to see more pictures.

:salute:

Edit:on closet inspection not sure if that is stockwell skate park, doesn't look "main roady" enough?

Will try and do so tonight...as far as the skate park, I took the 333 or 335 bus over there...I just hopped on it randomly and when it passed by that area, I just got off.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Im going to go against my wifes wishes and buy this Carl Zeiss lense. Its going to set me back a grand but i believe it will be worth it, friends.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Which do you think is better the
24mm f/1.8 Wide-Angle Prime Lens

or the
Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8 Lens
I haven't heard much about the 32mm joint, but the 24 will give you the equivalent of a 35mm focal length (on full frame cameras) and it's highly regarded. It all comes down to preference. You should set your kit lens at those 2 focal lengths and see which shots you prefer the most before deciding.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
@Mr. Somebody do u have a crop? If so get the 32mm....here's my thing though as far as going all out for 1.8's, I've taken pics @ 2.0 and 2.8. Unless have a tripod or something anything for me under 2.8 is guaranteed not gonna be sharp hand-held. I'll upload pics later that I took in a club @ 2.8 handheld...way better than @ 2.0...2.0 is def possible for sharp shots hand held but I got shakey hands...is the focus fast on those lens you speak of though?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Mr. Somebody do u have a crop? If so get the 32mm....here's my thing though as far as going all out for 1.8's, I've taken pics @ 2.0 and 2.8. Unless have a tripod or something anything for me under 2.8 is guaranteed not gonna be sharp hand-held. I'll upload pics later that I took in a club @ 2.8 handheld...way better than @ 2.0...2.0 is def possible for sharp shots hand held but I got shakey hands...is the focus fast on those lens you speak of though?
:usure:

The lenses he's talking about are sharp wide open breh. That's why they cost a rack.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
:usure:

The lenses he's talking about are sharp wide open breh. That's why they cost a rack.

I'd figure, it'd be closer to 2 racks for a good one...but I've messed around and only bought canon lenses, so that's prolly why they were those prices.

Edit: These are primes...forget what I said about price, I had zoom lenses in mind. I still got shakey hands though :yeshrug:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I have a sony, nex-5. Im just lookin for that lense that enables me to not have to buy another lense for my everyday shots. I have a wide angle lense for my portable shots but this lense supposedly is for those extra crisp photos friends arent used to.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I have a sony, nex-5. Im just lookin for that lense that enables me to not have to buy another lense for my everyday shots. I have a wide angle lense for my portable shots but this lense supposedly is for those extra crisp photos friends arent used to.

Ah ok. Judging from dudes Flickr, you're headed in the right direction with that lens.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well breh, if you're dropping that rack, then I would get the 24mm 1.8 lens.