Essential The Official Photography Thread

Black_Tux.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great photos. Quick questions:

What lens are you using? Please tell us how you achieved that distored effect. I've been trying to do it for the longest. What settings do you use for your indoor photography? Do you use flash?

thanks

I use a combo of a 35mm 1.8 and a 18-200. Trynna get that 28 2.8 though :takedat:.

And an external flash unit is a must for the effect you're going for. Lower the shutter speed, and use external flash to freeze the subject/maintain all the lights in the club.

Sometimes if I really like the photo I take it into Photoshop real quick and add a radial blur and drop the opacity/layer mask the effect.

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?
Daps
tumblr_mphy6rJ11r1qcbx0io1_500.jpg

tumblr_mphy6rJ11r1qcbx0io2_500.jpg

tumblr_mphy6rJ11r1qcbx0io3_500.jpg

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What manual settings you use for this night time photo. Had to be fast because those fireworks are hard to get.

I didn't have the shutter speed that fast because I wanted to have some of the light trail from the fireworks.

It's at 1/20 in that shot with the aperture at 1.8. ISO at 800.

Black_Tux.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I didn't have the shutter speed that fast because I wanted to have some of the light trail from the fireworks.

It's at 1/20 in that shot with the aperture at 1.8. ISO at 800.

Tripod?

Club photography is not really art, its a hustle more than anything.

Unfortunately nobody really cares about club photography.....see one pic and you've seen them all. People just check the website so they can post their pics on instagram/facebook. Its almost not the worth the effort. I still shoot at VICE and fashion week events though where they actually care about photography.

Nice pics though!
Yeahh, true. But you could argue that photography itself is not an art. You're capturing/documenting art but not creating it.

It is more of a hustle than anything though.. but damn if people are taking pics and putting their own name on it have some damn pride in your own name :to:

theres definitely some wicked club photos out there though. it can look artistic.

6310736846_ee83abb02a_z.jpg

6327797721_dfa05c9e5e_z.jpg

not my photos. but this guy makes bank from his photos.