Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's yal take on cropping your photos?

You ever take a shot knowing that you'll more than likely be cropping it afterwards? I usually try not to, but it happens sometimes.

:yeshrug:

Or... I'll mess with a photo that I've had for a while and end up liking how it looks cropped some.

Black_Tux.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's yal take on cropping your photos?

You ever take a shot knowing that you'll more than likely be cropping it afterwards? I usually try not to, but it happens sometimes.

:yeshrug:

Or... I'll mess with a photo that I've had for a while and end up liking how it looks cropped some.

Started putting my work up on Instagram.. the crops it forces you to make :damn::snoop:

Black_Tux.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some recent club photos.

Sippin' by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Cookin' by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Shake by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Enjoy by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Smokin' Loud by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Lip Bite by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Moving Around by Black_Tux, on Flickr

man. real shyt, club owners need to start paying me more.. no offense but i look through their galleries and the pictures they put up are straight trash.

Im trynna capture the actual movement/emotions/energy of the club. not just the people in it posing.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
some recent club photos.

man. real shyt, club owners need to start paying me more.. no offense but i look through their galleries and the pictures they put up are straight trash.

Im trynna capture the actual movement/emotions/energy of the club. not just the people in it posing.

Club photography is not really art, its a hustle more than anything.

Unfortunately nobody really cares about club photography.....see one pic and you've seen them all. People just check the website so they can post their pics on instagram/facebook. Its almost not the worth the effort. I still shoot at VICE and fashion week events though where they actually care about photography.

Nice pics though!

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Started putting my work up on Instagram.. the crops it forces you to make :damn::snoop:

I was looking through some of my friend's Instagram pages over the past couple of days deciding on whether or not I was going to make one. I noticed the cropping also, but I guess it's all in how you're using it.

I would prolly just throw up a lot of my cellphone shots and a few joints from my flickr page.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
some recent club photos.

Man as far as I know club promoters arent trying to pay more than $150 for some photos.

I tried to do it but its not worth the time or money. I'd rather shoot baby showers or family gatherings. At least I Know I wont get screwed on the price and they'll compensate me very well.

Ill get paid and Ill get food and alcohol for free

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
Seaside Sanitorium
6th Most Haunted Place In Connecticut​

IMG_0049 by Spurmeduncan, on Flickr

IMG_0073 by Spurmeduncan, on Flickr

IMG_0047 by Spurmeduncan, on Flickr

White Orb... by Spurmeduncan, on Flickr

IMG_0033 by Spurmeduncan, on Flickr

Club photography is not really art, its a hustle more than anything.

Unfortunately nobody really cares about club photography.....see one pic and you've seen them all. People just check the website so they can post their pics on instagram/facebook. Its almost not the worth the effort. I still shoot at VICE and fashion week events though where they actually care about photography.

Nice pics though!

yep lol

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

I was looking through some of my friend's Instagram pages over the past couple of days deciding on whether or not I was going to make one. I noticed the cropping also, but I guess it's all in how you're using it.

I would prolly just throw up a lot of my cellphone shots and a few joints from my flickr page.

Instasize allows u to size the pic and toss it on instagram no cropping

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
some recent club photos.

Sippin' by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Cookin' by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Shake by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Enjoy by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Smokin' Loud by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Lip Bite by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Moving Around by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Great photos. Quick questions:

What lens are you using? Please tell us how you achieved that distored effect. I've been trying to do it for the longest. What settings do you use for your indoor photography? Do you use flash?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anyone shoots video? What program do you use to edit?

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
few pics from a wine festival

HCvsOXU.jpg

aodUvp8.jpg

xaSPvAM.jpg

pic from a local lesbian party

maFZaPc.jpg