Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do you ever take black and white images on your nex? If so what iso do you usually use. Often times the shutter speed is so slow i end up getting blur from the individual moving around while the pic is taking place.

I convert some shots to B&W after I put them on my PC.

Black & White - a set on Flickr

If you check out some of those, the cam settings are listed...

What mode are you shooting in? I shoot in Manual mode... in daylight I set the ISO at 100-200, overcast is usually 200 or 400, and if I'm indoors and in low light I put it at 800. I rarely have to push it to 1600...

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I convert some shots to B&W after I put them on my PC.

Black & White - a set on Flickr

If you check out some of those, the cam settings are listed...

What mode are you shooting in? I shoot in Manual mode... in daylight I set the ISO at 100-200, overcast is usually 200 or 400, and if I'm indoors and in low light I put it at 800. I rarely have to push it to 1600...

Ill try these settings tonight. I shoot manual but perhaps im adjusting the settings to where its trying to do too much.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was it easy to clean? I dont want to fukk my shyt up

You're just talking about the lens exterior right? All you need is a soft cloth, a dry air blower thingy, it's not hard, just blow/wipe off the dust/smudges...

Cleaning the sensor is different though. That's why I ordered this swab kit with this solution.

cleaning camera lenses - YouTube

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?
Daps
how do you guys prepare for a shoot?

I just did my first photoshoot with a subject this past weekend. I didn't even know where to start to prepare lol. The first thing I did was plan out the style of the shoot, the clothes, make up and hair of the subject and then the location(s) and feel. I'm nowhere near a professional but planning out the shoot definitely made it easier for me to get my shots.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I've never done a photoshoot, but for the videos that I've shot, I typically envision some shots that I've seen in other forms of media and think of ways to implement them into whatever I'm shooting.

When I ride around I do keep an eye open for places that I think would serve as good locations for potential shoots down the line though.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I got smudges on my lenses

For smudges I use one of these.

Soft-Glasses-Cleaning-Cloths.jpg

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

I ask what are they willing to do in the shoot, if everything is smooth then most of the time i just plan on the spot.

also i dont know if anyone here can help on this but whats the best way to make a photography site for myself? i know how to make sites but mostly the basic stuff and i dont know where to start

example of what im trying to do but not copy of course - SNAPPS

any help would be lovely

edit: help me spino, i like how your site is done lul

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ask what are they willing to do in the shoot, if everything is smooth then most of the time i just plan on the spot.

also i dont know if anyone here can help on this but whats the best way to make a photography site for myself? i know how to make sites but mostly the basic stuff and i dont know where to start

any help would be lovely

I want to do the same, but I've been sitting on my ass. I ran across this article not too long ago, but I haven't went through it yet. I just bookmarked it.

11 Secrets To A Great Photo Website From Photoshelter | Fstoppers

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

any help would be lovely

GOAT photography site set up in my opinion.

Mark Peckmezian - Photography

Anyways here is some of my work

James Ellis

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
GOAT photography site set up in my opinion.

Mark Peckmezian - Photography

Anyways here is some of my work

James Ellis

Found a slight typo on your page...

"Ive been thinking a lot about how I want my pictures to be viewed or what I want to expressed and I realized with with photography sometimes things get repetitive or one picture simply isn’t enough. "

I feel the same way though. Especially with some of the 365 pics.

That layout is slick on your tumblr, I like that.