Essential The Official Photography Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
ive been so lazy i havent even like used my camera since i came back from cuba like 4 months ago

i need the motivation :sadcam:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Say brehs, I'm taking a photography class just to add something to the repertoire this summer so what's a good starter cam? My budget is about $800. Trying to do something to feed my creative side plus these chicks in DC all try to take model pics and shyt so another avenue to get some ass. Props in advance for the recommendations

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Say brehs, I'm taking a photography class just to add something to the repertoire this summer so what's a good starter cam? My budget is about $800. Trying to do something to feed my creative side plus these chicks in DC all try to take model pics and shyt so another avenue to get some ass. Props in advance for the recommendations

It took me a while deciding on which camera was right for me... a lot of research is involved.

Do you want to have a lot of portability with your camera/photography? Do you want the best image quality above all other factors? Do you want your cam to be able to record video well also? Do you want a viewfinder? Do you want a camera with a fixed lens, or do you want to have interchangeable lenses? What kind of photography do you tend to prefer?

Ask yourself those questions and you're on your way. Just starting out, you can get something pretty nice in that price range, but you have to look into what you want to get out of your images first and foremost.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Pics_Around_House-037_zps8ccf8ba7.jpg

Pics_Around_House-036_zps332aa59d.jpg

Pics_Around_House-041_zpsda3cb87f.jpg

Pics_Around_House-040_zps3f48ead9.jpg

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
aye brehs i wanted to know if any of you use this particular technique this dude was telling me about yesterday (i can't remember the name of it) but you use bracketing and take 3 shots of the same exact thing, one 2 stops under, one 2 stops over, and one perfectly balanced, then place them on top of each other

i haven't tried it yet but he was telling me it makes a big difference and alot of photogs who make money do it, i was wondering if any of you do it :ld:

HDR and its cheesy.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
At the studio

scott by MrEllis, on Flickr

Were gonna do a sick shoot soon when shes done exams.

kat by MrEllis, on Flickr

Last night....he opened his eyes as soon as i clicked the shutter.

Untitled by MrEllis, on Flickr

After seeing how cheap the TTC fair is out there I can see how bums get around. (the big dude prolly isn't homeless, just sayin')

I have a few shots of this dude from when I was on the train out there who was talking to himself drunk as fukk. I haven't gotten around to editing it yet but I'll up it soon enough.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
aye brehs i wanted to know if any of you use this particular technique this dude was telling me about yesterday (i can't remember the name of it) but you use bracketing and take 3 shots of the same exact thing, one 2 stops under, one 2 stops over, and one perfectly balanced, then place them on top of each other

i haven't tried it yet but he was telling me it makes a big difference and alot of photogs who make money do it, i was wondering if any of you do it :ld:

got an example?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Nice processing on these. Did you not like how they looked before applying the vignetting to it?

Thanks. Yeah they looked super plain beforehand. although I think I'm going to go back and bump up the contrast a little. I dunno why the links are dead now. photobucket be on some bullshyt at times.