Essential The Official Photography Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Martin by Spurmeduncan, on Flickr

it look like i'm tryna too hard with this one, what you think?

:myman: piff...

my B&W's are my least favorite now cause I cant get em looking how I want.

KEjarZTh.jpg

99zzSpzh.jpg

5d57N0yh.jpg

oMqjOpbh.jpg

:snoop: I think the place I went to get this roll developed ruined my negatives

Im interested in seeing how that 2nd one was composed...looks pretty cool.

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:myman: piff...

my B&W's are my least favorite now cause I cant get em looking how I want.

Im interested in seeing how that 2nd one was composed...looks pretty cool.
It's a double exposure, the first image was my friend in profile (it was an overcast day, over exposed to make sure it was a nice, even white) and the second was of the bridge. Light blocks out the darker parts; for example: if you want a complete silhouette go high key for the first image and then use a pattern (nature, paint, an sorta texture really) to make the silhouette full of the texture from the first image.

like these:

Double-Exposure-Portraits-4.jpg

Double-Exposure-Portraits-11-500x500.jpg

And_6.jpg

And_1.jpg

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
It's a double exposure, the first image was my friend in profile (it was an overcast day, over exposed to make sure it was a nice, even white) and the second was of the bridge. Light blocks out the darker parts; for example: if you want a complete silhouette go high key for the first image and then use a pattern (nature, paint, an sorta texture really) to make the silhouette full of the texture from the first image.

like these:

And_6.jpg

And_1.jpg

F'N AMAZING :ohhh: my type of ish

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
aye brehs i wanted to know if any of you use this particular technique this dude was telling me about yesterday (i can't remember the name of it) but you use bracketing and take 3 shots of the same exact thing, one 2 stops under, one 2 stops over, and one perfectly balanced, then place them on top of each other

i haven't tried it yet but he was telling me it makes a big difference and alot of photogs who make money do it, i was wondering if any of you do it :ld:

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
aye brehs i wanted to know if any of you use this particular technique this dude was telling me about yesterday (i can't remember the name of it) but you use bracketing and take 3 shots of the same exact thing, one 2 stops under, one 2 stops over, and one perfectly balanced, then place them on top of each other

i haven't tried it yet but he was telling me it makes a big difference and alot of photogs who make money do it, i was wondering if any of you do it :ld:

that's called HDR photography, it ain't all too impressive honestly.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
that's called HDR photography, it ain't all too impressive honestly.

good cuz i was thinking it wasn't nothing special but he makes a shytload of money so i was curious

edit: i just looked it up yea it's really not anything special unless you've got alot of strong colors in it, but i could probably do that shyt is post editing anyway :manny:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

like these:

And_6.jpg

And_1.jpg

:whoo: that shyt is fire...

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoo: that shyt is fire...
for sure for sure, just to be clear those examples aren't mine, just found em on the internet. I am about to get serious with it though, don't even have to rewind the film or anything when you're using a rolleicord. Just gotta find a new place to get my film developed smh

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps