Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The more you get into photography/art the more you start appreciating different stuff. Im trying to make that transition, its not just about looking for a photo. Sometimes you have to appreciate whats behind it. There are some things I just cant get into though.

I fukk with Jackson Pollock though, something like this goes for millions of bucks.

pollock-1.jpg

you'll start appreciating more complex concepts the more you delve into the art breh trust me

I get all that, but for example...

together_we_shall_heal (for_flickr_friends sooc) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I look at something like this... then I see the comments, and I'm like...

:dwillhuh:

Art is art, I know, but some stuff is just over my head I guess. If it weren't for the explanations that are given I wouldn't have the slightest idea what some of these photographs are setting out to be or envision.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I get all that, but for example...

together_we_shall_heal (for_flickr_friends sooc) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I look at something like this... then I see the comments, and I'm like...

:dwillhuh:

Art is art, I know, but some stuff is just over my head I guess. If it weren't for the explanations that are given I wouldn't have the slightest idea what some of these photographs are setting out to be or envision.

Oh dont really watch that, some people join flickr groups where the purpose is comments and favs.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh dont really watch that, some people join flickr groups where the purpose is comments and favs.

That's the crazy part though.

I don't think dude even puts his stuff in any groups (unless you can hide them). He just has a huge following

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
People like some pretty abstract shyt on flickr. Sometimes I just don't see the vision of some of these photos I view on here but they have like 100 favorites and shyt.

:wow:

don't stress it man...gotta realize there's an audience for everything. Do what you do and people'll catch on.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

That's the crazy part though.

I don't think dude even puts his stuff in any groups (unless you can hide them). He just has a huge following

No man there are discussion threads in group where you post your pic and get comments. You have to comment on other peoples as well.

Check it out....you get the chance to see other peoples work and get feedback on your own stuff.

Flickr: Discussing [GAME] Post 3 comments to the person above you (from the beginning/middle of their stream) in Flickr Addicts

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I feel like some natural/environmental portraits would be dope with this dude. Or something ridiculously formal, like traditional flemish painting style lighting. :weebay: ohhh shyt I think I have a new project

lol.....i just googled the flemish paintings and am cheesing like a mug at picturing him dressed like that

dutchmast.jpg

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
First day with the tripod. Just playing around and testing some things out for this one...

99/365 by K e N, on Flickr

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I have a couple of concept photography I did I gave up on though. Because I couldn't execute it the way I envisioned it in my head. I upload some later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk