Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
watching this stuff now...i'm starting to realize cs5 might not be the best editing program time-wise. But :pacspit: at y'all Lightroom users, I'm hating.

Lightroom is piff breh. I only open up Photoshop if I need something really specific done. But for the reg touching up Lightroom is where its at.

:obama:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

Lightroom is piff breh. I only open up Photoshop if I need something really specific done. But for the reg touching up Lightroom is where its at.

:obama:

I always wondered, in lightroom is it like iPhoto editing as far just being able to edit the whole pic at once or do u also have the option of just editing select parts of the pic?

ridge

Daps
any brehs using their dslr's for video?

if so, can anyone point me towards a small microphone (need it for use with a steadicam so weight is crucial)

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I always wondered, in lightroom is it like iPhoto editing as far just being able to edit the whole pic at once or do u also have the option of just editing select parts of the pic?

Never messed with iPhoto. But yeah, you have a lot of sliders that can change all kinds of settings in a picture. You have even more options if you shoot RAW also.

If you only want to edit a particular section or part of a pic you can do that as well while leaving the rest of it alone.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
any brehs using their dslr's for video?

if so, can anyone point me towards a small microphone (need it for use with a steadicam so weight is crucial)

This is what I use http://www.rodemic.com/mics/videomicpro ...its very light and it sounds great close up, but even a little far it picks up a little background noise if loud, but you have options to boost the sound in the directions its in...good thing is no hissing from it. If up close for interviews or something its golden.

Never messed with iPhoto. But yeah, you have a lot of sliders that can change all kinds of settings in a picture. You have even more options if you shoot RAW also.

If you only want to edit a particular section or part of a pic you can do that as well while leaving the rest of it alone.

ah ok.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there ever good weather in your town?

:heh:

It was actually decent a few days ago. The pic I took from yesterday the snow wasn't crazy like it was today.

But it's beautiful in the Spring/Summer. Chicago weather is just random, have to take the good with the bad.