Essential The Official Photography Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

You start shooting in RAW yet?

i tried it but :damn: those files are huge and it takes a while for the photo to be captured

asked my teacher about it and he was like unless you're doing portraits/merchandise shots/advertising something dont bother with RAW cuz you can do the same type of edits without the extra presets you get from RAW

so i fell back :manny:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i tried it but :damn: those files are huge and it takes a while for the photo to be captured

asked my teacher about it and he was like unless you're doing portraits/merchandise shots/advertising something dont bother with RAW cuz you can do the same type of edits without the extra presets you get from RAW

so i fell back :manny:

Really? Yeah they're big but it's dope IMO to have as much control as possible. I shoot in RAW+JPEG so I have both versions of the shots I take.

I have a 64GB card so space isn't an issue either.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The last 2 pics I uploaded just gave me an idea for the future. I'm sure it's been thought of already, but shooting movie/TV inspired shots could be something I put together.

I didn't realize until after I posted them, but one's titled Toy Story and the other Breaking Bad, and ironically the only reason I snapped those was because they made me think about those 2 things.

:ohhh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Really? Yeah they're big but it's dope IMO to have as much control as possible. I shoot in RAW+JPEG so I have both versions of the shots I take.

I have a 64GB card so space isn't an issue either.

i feel you but he was telling me that if you have the settings right when you take the shot the extra control you get with RAW isn't really that necessary

i think my card is 16gb so im good for the most part

:manny: to each his own, im tryna get good at editing JPEG right now so im tryna focus on that

my homeboy throwin a party at his sneaker boutique tomorrow so im bouta try to get some good shots and game some drunk bytches :myman:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The last 2 pics I uploaded just gave me an idea for the future. I'm sure it's been thought of already, but shooting movie/TV inspired shots could be something I put together.

I didn't realize until after I posted them, but one's titled Toy Story and the other Breaking Bad, and ironically the only reason I snapped those was because they made me think about those 2 things.

:ohhh:

yea i seen it done a few times and it's always dope

but this one japanese chick has mastered the levitation technique and i wanna start doing that cuz i think i could do alot with it

the style

floating-17.jpg

Natsumi-Hayashi-550x366.jpg

floating-7.jpg

:whew: she's nice

this is her old site idk if she made a new one yet ‚æ‚í‚æ‚íƒJΒƒ?ƒ‰ƒE?[Βƒ}ƒ““ú‹L

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
what equipment is everyone using?

I have a Mark II 5d (which is currently being repaired)
7d (recently copped as backup)
50mm 1.4 EF
70-200mm 2.8 EF lens (NO IS)
24-70mm canon EF
2 580EX ii flashes
*1 480EX
Pocket wizard miniTT1
3 Pocket wizard Flex TT5's

Im going to be copping more prime lens soon, ill update the list when i do. I also have studio equipment but im not going to list that now. What ive listed is basically the equipment i carry around with me.

Also, have any of you taken any photography classes? If so, what did you think of them?

Im thinking about taking some courses next semester

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

yea man that style is :whew: but it's kinda tedious to do cuz you literally have to keep jumping in place until 2 things happen:

1. the camera catches you completely frozen at the right time

2. you maintain your composure to get in the perfect position for the shot

no to mention you look like an a$$hole jumping in place :heh:

but the outcome is :wow: :ohlawd:

img_2675ccbab5162d9166d61a21fd5af10afbfd7aec.jpg

:lawd:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

50mm 1.4 EF
24-70mm canon EF
2 580EX ii flashes
*1 480EX
Pocket wizard miniTT1

Im going to be copping more prime lens soon, ill update the list when i do. I also have studio equipment but im not going to list that now. What ive listed is basically the equipment i carry around with me.

Also, have any of you taken any photography classes? If so, what did you think of them?

Sony NEX5N
18-55mm Kit
55-210mm 4.5f
50mm 1.8f
30mm 2.8f
64GB card with a 32GB spare
Detachable flash that came with it

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

50mm 1.4 EF
24-70mm canon EF
2 580EX ii flashes
*1 480EX
Pocket wizard miniTT1

if you already know about exposure, diffuse lighting, light/shadows and whatnot you wont really pick up much, but if you're tryna learn about post editing on LR and shyt then digi photo would be nice for you, or could just jump straight into Lighting classes with deal more with in-studio shyt it just depends on what level you're currently at to be honest

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
if you already know about exposure, diffuse lighting, light/shadows and whatnot you wont really pick up much, but if you're tryna learn about post editing on LR and shyt then digi photo would be nice for you, or could just jump straight into Lighting classes with deal more with in-studio shyt it just depends on what level you're currently at to be honest

you took courses before?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
you took courses before?

im in em now breh it's nothing really difficult im learning how to beast in LR tho

im gonna dread when i have to take the regular photo classes tho cuz they gotta use film cameras and buying film/darkroom gear all the time gonna hurt a young nikka pockets :sadcam:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
im in em now breh it's nothing really difficult im learning how to beast in LR tho

im gonna dread when i have to take the regular photo classes tho cuz they gotta use film cameras and buying film/darkroom gear all the time gonna hurt a young nikka pockets :sadcam:

what class are you in now? You taken any other ones?