Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
copped a 7d while my 5d is being repaired.......i never really understood what exactly the difference of a full frame sensor and a cropped one was until i did......

this 7d really makes it tough to use certain lenses in spaces that were not a problem with the 5d.....

anyone use the lens made specifically for cropped sensor cameras?

Yeah, it can be a bytch using my 50mm in doors depending on how much space is in there. I normally just leave the 30 on my Nex when I think space will be limited, but it doesn't stop down to 1.8 like my 50 does so if lighting sucks, I need flash.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
copped a 7d while my 5d is being repaired.......i never really understood what exactly the difference of a full frame sensor and a cropped one was until i did......

this 7d really makes it tough to use certain lenses in spaces that were not a problem with the 5d.....

anyone use the lens made specifically for cropped sensor cameras?

Yeah- the crop frame sensor, aside from the 5d pretty much means 1/6 of the full frame won't be able to be seen...so the 5d is a 1:1(full frame/everything int he frame will be seen to capture)..the others are a 1:1:6(so 1/6 of the full frame can;t be captured or seen thru the camera), so u'd have to move back more to capture the same frame as the 5D would..

so let's say 50mm for example...on the 5d you'd see everything in the frame at 50mm wideness...on the other's the 50mm would be seen as 58 or 59mm and not be able to get the full 50mm wideness.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's rumors swirling about a potential full frame NEX in the works that would be able to convert existing E-mount lenses to FFs.

A lot of people are stocking up on legacy glass with their adapters in anticipation for that to drop

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
This is an old one off my snapshot cam...the cam is damn near 9yrs old...pardon the quality. But this is at Coney island
2mpyi2r.jpg

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
Warms my heart seeing how ya'll cats getting consistently better month after month...them desaturated colors, vignetting, and grain on that Hookah image...

9aocv7.gif

Wait till ya'll see what I have planned next :shaq:
evil-smile.gif

Im going for the crown nikkas :pacspit:

thanks breh, these old jawns. I got some new shyt I'm workin on, wait til you see these jawns :cook: