The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
In what way?

Museum dude aka Dr. Sweet is really Dracula and is vying for Vanessa to be his bride, but needs her to give herself freely to him. So he has ol boy spying on her therapy sessions to gain as much intel on her as he can.

Caliban aka John Claire in life was the orderly with a wife and kid who was kind to Vanessa during her stay in the asylum. He died somehow and was resurrected by Victor and became the monster who tormented him in season 1 and is currently watching over his wife and sick son.
I get that but how is john also lucifer and dracula?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I get that but how is john also lucifer and dracula?
He isn't.

They just took that form to confuse and tempt her.

Look at this way.

There is..
John (Orderly)
Lucifer as John (Who is in love with her and wants her soul)
Dracula as John (Who is in love with her and wants her flesh/body)

All three men love her, but differently. John in the more platonic way and feeling sad about her.
However, sometimes when she thought she was talking to John it was really Lucifer giving the appearance as John so that he could communicate with her.

The last time Lucifer showed up is when Dracula made his first appearance (appearing like John as well)

Think of it like Terminator 2 how he would change into people familiar or close to you to gain your trust.

When her head is shaved I believe that is regular John at the end. Although the cold and lonely bit had me wondering for a sec.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
I also think it's interesting that Lucifer is terrified as Dracula.
I was confused by that. I know they reasoned it's because lucifer only has control over the spirit realm while Dracula controls the flesh and here and now- I still don't see how that is more powerful than fukking spirits. I guess if he and Vanessa are immortal then that makes sense.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
yea i didnt like seeing him intimidated by the dude, i mean youre the devil :dahell:
Yeah, Dracula said something like Lucifers power was almost nothing because people will stop believing in him, but in that sense does it matter whether they do or not since when they die they are in his possession in hell anyway? And more people believe in the existence of the devil than they do a vampiric demon so....:jbhmm::childplease:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait, Caliban actor's the Prime Minister from that particular inhumane Black Mirror ep:dame:

...anyway, John Clare kilt it playing triple characters in one-room setting:banderas:

Dracula had Lucifer in a near fetal position in the corner, tho:pachaha:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
No vanessa Ives =meh for me

While she is the best part of the show, I found the story largely focusing on Ethan and his tragic history compelling.

He really has gone to the dark side now and is done feeling guilty :demonic::damn:

Hectate bringing out the sand snakes :whoo:

His father telling the tale of what happened to his brother, mother, and sister. "You brought the Devil to my door son, and you gave him the key." :wow:

Victor feeling himself way too much, we he gets that Lily wake-up call :banderas:

Also it can't be said enough how good the scenes look in the Old West :whew:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
'Our memories makes us monsters':demonic: Frankenstein spittin ETHER:dame:, and took over Jekyll's chamber:umad: Ethan/Hecate long-ass coats:patrice:, got em dying of thirst in the desert:lupe: Summoned serpents with the Devil language:leon: Sir Malcolm's quick on the draw:whew: Navajo Pops, burn slow, tho:huhldup: Real dad's a Bigot Trump CaC:scust: Apaches did that:manny:, so hopefully the Natives wouldn't have to go thru that:ehh:

Last edited: