The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
How come Vanessa can't sense Dr. Sweets is Dracula, tho:lupe:

...she is clairvoyant:usure:

Or did he glamour her; and is Cutthroat Therapist part of his lore:ohhh:
They be acting real funny about what Vanessa can/can't do. Sometimes she a witch, other times she's just a medium, other times seem like she got powers. I really wish they would actually define what she is. At least that's my take on this.

On IMDB forums they pretty much said, Vanessa whole purpose is that if Dracula finesse her it brings on the end of days. But he has to finess her, he can't just rape her.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Penny Dreadful blesses us with another Vanessa centric episode, and one again it one of the best of the series :wow:. Eva Green really is a tremendous actress and I have to give much props to Rory Kinnear as well. He not only had to embody Lucifer and Dracula, but killed it as the orderly charged with taking care of Vanessa. Just trying to get her to eat, combing her hair and putting makeup on her, and quitting a job he needed because he couldn't stand what she was going through :mjcry:. The two actors work so well together. "I know one person who lives where it always cold and lonely"

Lucifer wants her spirit, Dracula her flesh, but they can have neither :demonic:. Anytime she starts speaking in another language/tongues :banderas:

I do wonder how she got out of the asylum. Did something stop the surgery or was she able to recover from it somehow :lupe:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What an amazing episode. Eva Green is just.....I can't even come up with the words to describe her performance as Vanessa. She has me really feeling some type of way about the way she's suffered and been tormented by both Dracula and Lucifer. Also lets not forget about Rory Kinnear playing both roles. I was completely sold as him being both Lucifer and Dracula. I sat there the whole time looking at that performance with the weebay face. And his genuine affection and sorrow for Vanessa was :to:

"Don't lose yourself to madness Ms. Ives"

Such amazing actors all around.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nightmare on Elm Street:popcorn: set in Victorian Era:banderas: And the Golden Globes goes to Eva Green:lawd: Gut-wrenching beautiful display of agony:damn:, and strength:fire: wrapped up in one hell of a performance:wow: Vanessa's tortured chamber's non-stop FUKKERY:bryan: Lucifer:devil:/Dracula:evil: in the guise of John Clare:mindblown: Serpent/Bats animorph on padded cells:ooh: Cutthroat Therapist inability to break the hypnosis:patrice: Lowkey, the entire episode shot in that single room:ohhh: But, Ms. Ives's unable to recognize Caliban:usure: FrankenLstein's shoddy resurrection:ufdup: robbed The Creature's semblance of a past, tho:lupe:

Last edited:

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
Penny Dreadful blesses us with another Vanessa centric episode, and one again it one of the best of the series :wow:. Eva Green really is a tremendous actress and I have to give much props to Rory Kinnear as well. He not only had to embody Lucifer and Dracula, but killed it as the orderly charged with taking care of Vanessa. Just trying to get her to eat, combing her hair and putting makeup on her, and quitting a job he needed because he couldn't stand what she was going through :mjcry:. The two actors work so well together. "I know one person who lives where it always cold and lonely"

Lucifer wants her spirit, Dracula her flesh, but they can have neither :demonic:. Anytime she starts speaking in another language/tongues :banderas:

I do wonder how she got out of the asylum. Did something stop the surgery or was she able to recover from it somehow :lupe:

I know I always come off as a know it but

In episode 5 of season one she went home after the surgery

The only thing that is confusing she had sex with the Lucifer in the episode so idk maybe it didn't count because she was out of it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm not as giddy about Eva Green as others are. And before some idiot jumps up...I'm not saying she's a bad actress. I just think she looks the part far more than her acting chops are doing the work. The actor who plays Caliban nice though. This just wasn't one of my favorite episodes. It dragged and I know it was more about Caliban than Vanessa, but I could have dealt without like half this slow shyt.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I know I always come off as a know it but

In episode 5 of season one she went home after the surgery

The only thing that is confusing she had sex with the Lucifer in the episode so idk maybe it didn't count because she was out of it.

I forgot about her saying that in season one.

Next week looks to be focused on Ethan and the Old West and maybe we get answers as to how he became transformed and what exactly happened with his dad.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Im a bit confused between the dude from the museum and caliban. Someone explain it

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Im a bit confused between the dude from the museum and caliban. Someone explain it

In what way?

Museum dude aka Dr. Sweet is really Dracula and is vying for Vanessa to be his bride, but needs her to give herself freely to him. So he has ol boy spying on her therapy sessions to gain as much intel on her as he can.

Caliban aka John Claire in life was the orderly with a wife and kid who was kind to Vanessa during her stay in the asylum. He died somehow and was resurrected by Victor and became the monster who tormented him in season 1 and is currently watching over his wife and sick son.