The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vanessa got That Blade Work:whew: Victor's hook on that HERoin:francis: Blind Chick did John Clare VULGAR:huhldup: Wax Museum Prick Fam:birdman:, gon put Caliban on that Summer Jam Screen:sadcam: Madame Kali's Daughter:evil: AWLL up in the mirror:takedat: LiLy Iron Mike'd Dorian's ear:bryan: That Immortality Foreplay:noah: Ferdinand got the LiL Army toy gun:heh: Sir Malcolm's and Frankenstein's Dead Kids:whoo: got their minds on HAM:mindblown: Our BLACKEXCELLENCE Butler's:rip: scars came from being a Slave Trader:what: Not my Honorable Sembene:damn: Should had let EAThan commit that:wtb: Hate it had to be a Real African:mjcry: Bruha Castle threw everyBODY in the bushes:dead: And, Voodoo Doll spoke the Dunn Language:lawd: Penny Dreadful's Maleficent Macabre:wow: on a hundred, thousand, trillion:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Steady B

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Vanessa got That Blade Work:whew: Victor's hook on that HERoin:francis: Blind Chick did John Clare VULGAR:huhldup: Wax Museum Prick Fam:birdman:, gon put Caliban on that Summer Jam Screen:sadcam: Madame Kali's Daughter:evil: AWLL up in the mirror:takedat: LiLy Iron Mike'd Dorian's ear:bryan: That Immortality Foreplay:noah: Ferdinand got the LiL Army toy gun:heh: Sir Malcolm's and Frankenstein's Dead Kids:whoo: got their minds on HAM:mindblown: Our BLACKEXCELLENCE Butler's:rip: scars came from being a Slave Trader:what: Not my Honorable Sembene:damn: Should had let EAThan commit that:wtb: Hate it had to be a Real African:mjcry: Bruha Castle threw everyBODY in the bushes:dead: And, Voodoo Doll spoke the Dunn Language:lawd: Penny Dreadful's Maleficent Macabre:wow: on a hundred, thousand, trillion:ohlawd:

Couldn't have summed up last episode any better than that. My nikka :myman:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I was thinking about this some more. I wonder if the "Lupus Dei" only kills to protect himself and the innocent. We know that Jack the Ripper exists in this universe, and based on the way the police were talking it sounds like he's different from Chandler. Chandler mentioned that he blacks out when he becomes a Wolfman. Maybe he THINKS he's responsible for the Ripper killings he reads about in the paper, but in reality he's working for good.

They mentioned in the British Museum basement that the wolf shield was a symbol of protection.

Well, there goes that theory.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Last two episodes have been top notch. :wow:

That sacrifice at the end though :mjcry:

Breh supposed to be on Suttery's new show though :ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I watched this and True Detective back-to-back and both of them shows had me sitting with the :damn: face at the end.
Why they have to do Sembene like that? I just knew he would be safe and Mr. Lyle would be the one getting killed in this ep.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
That last scene left a bad taste in my mouth. Had to sleep on it for a while before I could digest what happened

don't ask me how :wow:

But for real, even if he's not actually dead, they did sembene dirty this episode...made him a slave trader :scust:

But I can forgive that if my boo Hecate makes it through the season. Between her and Tyene from Game of Thrones, I think I have a thing for crazy, demonic seductresses :mjcry:
I would say lily too but she's out here biting nikkas ears off and whatnot

I honestly didn't expect Lavinia to be so cruel as well. But hopefully that inspires Frankenstein's creature when he gets out to drop his poetic simp John Clare persona, get back to his demonic simp Caliban days, and give her blind ass that work :demonic:
iJU7E2.gif

John Logan has had the trolling and fukkery turned up to level 10 all season. Can only imagine what the finale will bring :wow: or next season :wow:

Also, it was hard to make out but Dorian mentioned to Lily that he hosts meetings for the Theosophical Society. Did a quick Google search and it seems it was a real organization that believed in the supernatural. This makes me think that next season Dorian is going to be our gateway to secret, occult societies (which were apparently in vogue during this time)...maybe even Dracula, since he mentioned being ancient and you would think they would have crossed paths at some point

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All that Dialogue was a sign it'd be the end of Sembene's chapter:to:

...altho, I thought they're finally letting our Real African Butler :cook:, no pun intended:mjcry:
Vanessa consoling Victor as the HERoin rush kicked in: Beautiful Monster:wow: