The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
That Finale :whew:

"You offer me a normal life? why you think i want that any more....i know what i am':demonic:

"Beloved, know your master" :obama:

Miss Ives vision of her perfect life :to:

First Born with the Paranormal Activity neck snap :merchant: He's now officially made a friend with Miss Ives :mjcry:

Lilly & Dorian giving Frankenstein that work...verbally & mentally:russ:

They going to be the Legion Of Doom of this Penny Dreadful shyt:wow:
That simp don't want to see no daylight, tapping veins over cold p*ssy:heh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The 2nd most satisfying moment was seeing John Clare murder the married couple. Dude was chilling in the cut, letting them go through the little spiel, until he had enough of their bs and let out his inner :demonic:.

I thought for a second he was going to lock the blind girl in there with the bodies to rot.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The first half of the finale I was like :francis: show was the campiest its ever been and it was too much for me, I was rolling my eyes at the doll. I was actually embarassed for eva green to be so incredible in somethig so fukking silly.

But :damn: at the second half. shyt was like being forced to listen to joe budden for 30 days straight it was that depressing.

Two of the best scenes of the entire show, ives and john clare was such a soft,under stated scene. shyt had me wiping the dust from my eyes.

And the scene of dorian and lilly was just :lawd: it was PERFECT. Just eveything about the scene,from the writing,acting,camera angles was perfection for this type of show. I was just :mindblown: at how brilliant it was in comparison to the doll scene.

Give the season a 7/10. It was uneven but enjoyable with flashes of greatness.

I hope they put together a great season 3 because so far I feel like it just hasnt hit the highs consistently that they show they are capable of.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The first half of the finale I was like :francis: show was the campiest its ever been and it was too much for me, I was rolling my eyes at the doll. I was actually embarassed for eva green to be so incredible in somethig so fukking silly.

But :damn: at the second half. shyt was like being forced to listen to joe budden for 30 days straight it was that depressing.

Two of the best scenes of the entire show, ives and john clare was such a soft,under stated scene. shyt had me wiping the dust from my eyes.

And the scene of dorian and lilly was just :lawd: it was PERFECT. Just eveything about the scene,from the writing,acting,camera angles was perfection for this type of show. I was just :mindblown: at how brilliant it was in comparison to the doll scene.

Give the season a 7/10. It was uneven but enjoyable with flashes of greatness.

I hope they put together a great season 3 because so far I feel like it just hasnt hit the highs consistently that they show they are capable of.
Yeah that scene with Vanessa and Clare was such a rough, hardbody undercut. I can't think of too many writers that could pull that off. Let alone entire casts and production teams that could line that type of thing up properly.

"You're the most human person I've ever met"

:to::damn::damn::wow:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The prowess of Eva Green:lawd:

...she Rapts a scene like no other:ahh:

And, Caliban's actor just makes you feel the depth of a monster tortured Soul:wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am all for more Patti LuPone because her episode as the Cutwife was amazing and she should have gotten a Guest Actress Emmy nomination. And since Vanessa will be in the US we should get the full scoop on Ethan's backstory which I have wanted since Season 1 while also keeping Vanessa/Ethan out of London while Brona and Dorian advance their world domination plot.
Cool to see Jekyll/Hyde being brought on. Was hoping to see more literary characters added.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Vanessa in an asylum now:damn:

...why, can't Lucifer stop tormenting the GAWDESS:ohlawd:

And, is that Cut-Wife comforting her:ohhh:
Yea man I be straight up feeling sorry for that chick on the show. She be getting that work from Lucifer and Dracula. Leave EVA ALONE:damn: