The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Frankenstein was really reckless bringing "Lilly" out in public. If Chandler were there, he would have instantly sniffed her out as Brona (even though Dorian couldn't).

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Explain more about Dorian's painting. I must've missed that somehow

The Picture of Dorian Gray is a story by Oscar Wilde:
Dorian Gray is the subject of a full-length portrait in oil by Basil Hallward, an artist who is impressed and infatuated by Dorian's beauty; he believes that Dorian’s beauty is responsible for the new mode in his art as a painter. Through Basil, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton, and he soon is enthralled by the aristocrat's hedonistic worldview: that beauty and sensual fulfilment are the only things worth pursuing in life.

Understanding that his beauty will fade, Dorian expresses the desire to sell his soul, to ensure that the picture, rather than he, will age and fade. The wish is granted, and Dorian pursues a libertine life of varied and amoral experiences; all the while his portrait ages and records every soul-corrupting sin

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I loved the verbal dance Vanessa had with Madame Kali:youngsabo:

...she didn't feel her Bruha Seeds in the cut, until they made Ball go Bloody HAM, tho:demonic:

Also, I don't understand how Ferdinand's going unscathed from all these wicked spells:lupe:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I understand that Ethan didn't want Vanessa to have murder on her hands, but if anyone had it coming it, it was him. Had to pull out the Devil book and get revenge for the Cut-Wife :demonic:. I am surprised he hasn't just come out and told her yet that he is a Were-Man. I guess he is still coming to terms with exactly who he is, Sembeane gave him in the speech in the opening that left him :mjcry: "I see you."

Still hard to believe they haven't realized that Sir Malcom is off his rocker :mindblown:. At him chalking up Vanessa's fainting to female hysteria :skip:.

Caliban hiding in the cut looking at Lily and Dorian like :leostare:. Little does he or Victor know that Lily isn't so innocent and sweet anymore :sas2:.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I figured that guy would be eaten by his own dogs, but I expected that it would be the result of Ethan's canine powers shown in the first season/