The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
just binge watched s1, all i need to know is has there been any foreshadowing of dracula/the mummy or any new big bad? feels like the show is missing a worthy central antagonist

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
just binge watched s1, all i need to know is has there been any foreshadowing of dracula/the mummy or any new big bad? feels like the show is missing a worthy central antagonist
While we haven't seen him in the flesh, The Devil has basically been the main villain since day one.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
While we haven't seen him in the flesh, The Devil has basically been the main villain since day one.

see im confused about that I know that the amun-ra/amunet/hidden ones thing is just a cover up name for satan who is directly after vanessa, but what i dont get is if the 'master' mina was alluding to is the devil or dracula... i thought with the egyptlogy themes they would bring in the mummy but thats not the case apparently, i do wanna see the lord of vampires done right tho cuz frankenstein is a lil sus and the werewolf is literally :wrist::laff:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Old Uber Bruha:rip: ETHER'd Vanessa, until she pulled out the Devils Card:merchant:

...it made her fallback, take Ives in, and revealed she's a Super Daywalker from Birth:ohhh:

Now, the Little Bloody Scorpion makes sense, cuz that's how Joan:old: referred to her:wow:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
see im confused about that I know that the amun-ra/amunet/hidden ones thing is just a cover up name for satan who is directly after vanessa, but what i dont get is if the 'master' mina was alluding to is the devil or dracula... i thought with the egyptlogy themes they would bring in the mummy but thats not the case apparently, i do wanna see the lord of vampires done right tho cuz frankenstein is a lil sus and the werewolf is literally :wrist::laff:

Yeah, agreed. That is something that hasn't been fully explained as I remember wondering if they were going to make Dracula one in the same with Satan in this universe. It would seem like Mina was lured away by Dracula just based off what was hinted at and the vampires in the 1st season though. If that is the case, poor Vanessa got Dracula and the Devil vying for her :damn:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Yeah, agreed. That is something that hasn't been fully explained as I remember wondering if they were going to make Dracula one in the same with Satan in this universe. It would seem like Mina was lured away by Dracula just based off what was hinted at and the vampires in the 1st season though. If that is the case, poor Vanessa got Dracula and the Devil vying for her :damn:

that would be dope if the devil and dracula actualy have some beef over the prince of darkness title and vanessa is the key to being the bride of hell :ohhh:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that would be dope if the devil and dracula actualy have some beef over the prince of darkness title and vanessa is the key to being the bride of hell :ohhh:
The storyline in my head is that Dracula was tasked by Satan to get Vanessa but Dracula really didn't want to do it because he hates Satan and ended up wanting Vanessa for himself. So when Dracula failed to get Vanessa in Season 1 he went into hiding to avoid Satan's wrath and to plot his own way of not only getting Vanessa but to beat the Devil too.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Another good episode; not nearly as emotionally heavy as last week but I doubt any show will top the performances that Patti Lupone and Eva Green gave last week.

My only critique of this show is that Dorian Grey is an island unto himself and his scenes tend to have a jarring effect because of how removed he is from the main storyline and characters.
I had this issue with Frankenstein's Monster too but after his meeting with Vanessa I anticipate him getting dragged into the main storyline before long and taking his place as yet another of Vanessa's defenders.
So they need to get Dorian into the mix of the main storyline ASAP.