The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
All of the demonic ventriloquist dummies were terrifying. That :demonic:look in their eyes and those open mouths like :damn:.

Then, they showed the Vanessa dummy, and it just looked silly.

I wonder if the "survivor" will turn into a Werewolf.

It seemed like they were hinting at that, with the look in his eyes.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Madam Kali called him "Lupus Dei", which would mean something like "God's Wolf".

I was thinking about this some more. I wonder if the "Lupus Dei" only kills to protect himself and the innocent. We know that Jack the Ripper exists in this universe, and based on the way the police were talking it sounds like he's different from Chandler. Chandler mentioned that he blacks out when he becomes a Wolfman. Maybe he THINKS he's responsible for the Ripper killings he reads about in the paper, but in reality he's working for good.

They mentioned in the British Museum basement that the wolf shield was a symbol of protection.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I was thinking about this some more. I wonder if the "Lupus Dei" only kills to protect himself and the innocent. We know that Jack the Ripper exists in this universe, and based on the way the police were talking it sounds like he's different from Chandler. Chandler mentioned that he blacks out when he becomes a Wolfman. Maybe he THINKS he's responsible for the Ripper killings he reads about in the paper, but in reality he's working for good.

They mentioned in the British Museum basement that the wolf shield was a symbol of protection.

Not sure how that would go with all the people in the bar that he seemingly killed last season.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Penny Dreadful Bruhas make Willow and Charmed Sisters look like Sweet Valley High:bryan:

...I didn't mentioned the Baby Heart, cuz I still can't believe they BLOODY hell went there:damn:

I can't even front, that demonic ep made me sleep funny with the lights on:merchant:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Another flashback episode focused on Vanessa, another great episode of the show :whew:

It almost worked as a short story, a woman telling a tale of how she first encountered witches. It was really effective and once again the cinematography was :ohlawd:. Great job by the actress who played Joan, very Yoda like in the way she trained her and the final image of her being hanged and burned was :damn:.

Those witches have been on Vanessa's ass for awhile, poor woman can't get any peace.

Evelyn stays being demonic, that scene where she almost seduced Joan into going back to the darkside was :demonic:.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
now that was a fantastic episode..wasn't too crazy about the first 2 but this is just what i want from this show.-- vanessa and her fukkery.

i could care less about sir malcom or dr frankenstein and his boring creations..especially the pale emo one that wants nothing more than to have a job.. :what:

that old witch was dope too and a great actress..she was like the yoda of witches

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Old Uber Witch:rip: did that, so hopefully Vanessa wouldn't have to go thru that:mjcry:

...Eva Green's alluring as an actress and beauty:wow:

Madame Kali:evil: always in the cut with the demonic smugness:youngsabo:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
i could care less about sir malcom or dr frankenstein and his boring creations..especially the pale emo one that wants nothing more than to have a job.. :what:

I mess with Caliban though :whoa:. One of the better actors on the show and the ether he delivered to Victor in the 1st season was great.

"What a simple thing it is, to snap your neck. You are so fragile, you mortals. Such things of skin and air. Such things of the past. The future belongs to the strong, to the immortal races. To me, and my kind. Look upon your master."

The recapper for i09 does a great job with the show
http://io9.com/penny-dreadful-gives-us-an-amazing-superhero-origin-sto-1705269334

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This episode was like an hour long primer on how to act your ass off. Patti LuPone, Eva Green and Helen McCrory were amazing.
It is a damn shame how slept on this show is.
Just finished watching

Man... no cuts :wow: how many television shows can be carried to levels like this on such a regular basis? Eva Green is putting on a clinic :ohlawd:

that old hag tho :to:

how great of an actress do you have to be in order to make people care about your crazy, homebrew abortion giving azz? :salute: