The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so 343 said they built the campaign around normal difficulty, so that's how I shoulda judged it by.

my first play through was on legendary n very frustrating, but ive now run it back n played on normal to give it proper analysis.

8/10. its a very fun campaign, the Banished are way better than the Prometheans, n I had fun lookin for the secrets while doin combat.

my wishes for the DLC: different enemies(like the Endless)

different biomes: lets get snow n desert environments like past halos. we only got to explore part of the ring this run, lets get more. snow, deserts, etc.

no more FOBs: they were brief enough that it didn't get old, but any more snd it would feel redundant. lets end on a high note and make the expansions focus on something else.

story: overall the story is ehh. they had the task of washing away Halo 5 which would have have been difficult but it still wasnt my favorite story. now that the series has readjusted, there's a lot of awesome avenues 343 can follow going forward.

overall, awesome soft reboot that puts the series back on track. story wise it aint better than the original trilogy or Reach, but gameplay wise its def better than reach. story def better than 5. this is the modern Halo we expected after 3. if I didn't have gamepass already I woulda been happy with dropping 60 bucks on this.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I, for one, welcome all of the noobs who just got Infinite for Christmas today.

dave-chappelle-rick-james.gif

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
This game kicking my ass. But I'm playing on heroic though. My past checkpoint is during a boss fight with that invisible elite. I have the worst guns to fight this nikka. A sniper rifle and an electro pistol:mjgrin:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Feeling really good about my controller settings now. I'm not gonna adjust anything and rock with this for a while. My accuracy used to hover between the mid 20's and 30's, now I'm consistently shooting between 35-47%. I'm playing with FoV on 100 in the 120fps Performance mode, with the thumbstick tension as tight as it can be on the Elite controller. Overall I feel like this is the best balance of weighty, yet responsive aiming and movement for me.

Button layout is default except I now have the melee & crouch buttons swapped. I have the back paddles set so I can use the lower right paddle to jump, the lower left to crouch, upper left to mark/ping enemies, and the upper right is a shift key that turns the other paddles on the left side into screenshot & video capture buttons. The paddle jump took a bit to get used to, but definitely worth the adjustment and is almost second nature after a couple of days of grinding. Makes doing things like the crouch jump to land on higher ledges and slide mechanics much more seamless since I don't have to remove my thumbs from the joysticks at any point and can enter the inputs almost instantly. I almost feel like I'm playing Smash Bros for as often as I use the fast fall from jumping now:skip:

I have auto clamber turned off for more control with my movement (particularly when jumping or falling near ledges/tall cover) and movement assisted steering makes vehicles way easier to handle IMO

ce13af05-85a0-467a-a3d7-7121f6a14a4b.png

c73dbfa7-9aff-4b21-848a-2b15671c68ef.png

IMG_0121.jpg

Calibrated

Superstar
Daps
Question for those that beat the game

Did you have a tougher time beating the Harbinger or that last Brute Chieftan before it? Chieftan had me on the brink of tossing my controller against the wall.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Question for those that beat the game

Did you have a tougher time beating the Harbinger or that last Brute Chieftan before it? Chieftan had me on the brink of tossing my controller against the wall.
Chieftan was the worst part of that fight. Harbingers easy to dodge just by moving in circles around them small tunnels. Brute was a health hog that required way faster grapplin

Last edited:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Why does this game still have a release date countdown when you google Halo Infinite? Thought it dropped on the 8th?