The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Campaign is wearing thin on me. I love the gameplay but I realized very early on now that most of the campaign is padded with side missions and fetch quests. Boss battles are very fun and FOB capture is cool but everything in between feels like a chore. I do enjoy the story itself quite a bit.
Dahell you talking about:dahell: there’s literally no fetch quests.

Only thing to do outside the story is FOBs and Boss fights. And those marine calls.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Dahell you talking about:dahell: there’s literally no fetch quests.

Only thing to do outside the story is FOBs and Boss fights. And those marine calls.
Map is littered with icons to go search for audio logs, cosmetics, marine rescues, and spartan cores. There’s a lot more to the game than just story missions and fobs. Have you zoomed in on the map at all?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Map is littered with icons to go search for audio logs, cosmetics, marine rescues, and spartan cores. There’s a lot more to the game than just story missions and fobs. Have you zoomed in on the map at all?
Those aren’t “fetch quests”

It’s just optional collectable stuff. Mostly cosmetic stuff for multiplayer. It even tells you what each item is so you can decide if it’s worth your time to go get it.

there’s enough there with story, Fobs, and actual bases to capture that you don’t even have to bother with that stuff at all.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Those aren’t “fetch quests”

It’s just optional collectable stuff. Mostly cosmetic stuff for multiplayer. It even tells you what each item is so you can decide if it’s worth your time to go get it.

there’s enough there with story, Fobs, and actual bases to capture that you don’t even have to bother with that stuff at all.

Because it's optional doesn't mean it isn't a fetch quest.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because it's optional doesn't mean it isn't a fetch quest.
It would have to be a “quest” to be a fetch quest:stopitslime:

Y’all can’t just make up definitions.

A fetch quest would be “go collect 15 grunt pelts to craft a new headband”:stopitslime:

These are collectibles in which literally every game has. From the most cinematic of linear games to the most open of open worlds there’s always random stuff like audio logs and other different trinkets to pick up if you chose. It’s just stuff for you to pick up if you want to go exploring to find it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Collectibles are considered fetch quest now?
The map is the same Ubisoft format that gets criticized when any other game does it. Call the quests what you want. The main missions are dope but everything else is a chore and serves only to pad the map. It’s optional sure, but it doesn’t refute what I originally said, which was the game is dope, the story is dope but the campaign feels like it’s wearing thin due to the bulk of the content being find this and find that missions with no story elements to them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The map is the same Ubisoft format that gets criticized when any other game does it.
People’s criticisms are empty as fukk, cause literally all open world games have similar stuff.:stopitslime:

BOTW and Horizon get praised for their Ubisoft maps :stopitslime:

Call the quests what you want.
They very literally are not “quests” words have meaning. They are collectibles.

The main missions are dope but everything else is a chore and serves only to pad the map. It’s optional sure, but it doesn’t refute what I originally said, which was the game is dope, the story is dope but the campaign feels like it’s wearing thin due to the bulk of the content being find this and find that missions with no story elements to them.
But again. Every single game has collectibles.

There’s like 200 random collectibles in TLOU2.

But you wouldn’t say the game is “padded with fetch quests”

You either go down the extra hallway to pick up a comic book or you don’t.

As i said there’s definitely enough to do in the world without bothering with any of the collectibles if you are not into exploring. And in Halo it even tells you what each collectible is before you even make the decision. You literally have to make the conscious decision that you want to go pick it up or not.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Collectibles are considered fetch quest now?

Depends on the granting and structure, but they most certainly can be. The 2013 Tomb Raider reboot features both the good and bad structures for collectibles, as an example. You normally see this as good with more interaction (ex. new tombs and areas, puzzles) as opposed to simply combing an area for an object.

Also Meach trying his semantics games with the word "quest". :lolbron: He needs to undertake his own fetch quest and grab a dictionary.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Depends on the granting and structure, but they most certainly can be.

Also Meach trying his semantics games with the word "quest". :lolbron: He needs to undertake his own fetch quest and grab a dictionary.
There’s no “granting structure”

it’s just random stuff in the world to pick up like literally every other game on earth.

Im not the one playing semantics here. “Fetch quest” refers to a specific thing.
Fetch Quest | Tropedia | Fandom

Not just some shyt y’all wanna throw out cause it sounds like a good critique:stopitslime:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
People’s criticisms are empty as fukk, cause literally all open world games have similar stuff.:stopitslime:

BOTW and Horizon get praised for their Ubisoft maps :stopitslime:

They very literally are not “quests” words have meaning. They are collectibles.

But again. Every single game has collectibles.

There’s like 200 random collectibles in TLOU2.

But you wouldn’t say the game is “padded with fetch quests”

You either go down the extra hallway to pick up a comic book or you don’t.

As i said there’s definitely enough to do in the world without bothering with any of the collectibles if you are not into exploring. And in Halo it even tells you what each collectible is before you even make the decision. You literally have to make the conscious decision that you want to go pick it up or not.
Whats the titangraph for? The game ain’t above criticism. I already said the game is dope and consider it game of the year contender in the GOTY thread. The campaign missions are dope but the map is littered with throw away content. Other open world games have menial stuff like this tied to some form of supplemental story stuff. This game is literally grab this for nothing but hey…it’s an optional choice right? Of all that optional stuff, what was your favorite story from it? You know what I’m talking about you just don’t want to hear a single negative word about this game. The game is dope, it isn’t perfect. It doesn’t have to be perfect. And you don’t have to be hurt for hearing it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Depends on the granting and structure, but they most certainly can be. The 2013 Tomb Raider reboot features both the good and bad structures for collectibles, as an example. You normally see this as good with more interaction (ex. new tombs and areas, puzzles) as opposed to simply combing an area for an object.

:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Whats the titangraph for? The game ain’t above criticism. I already said the game is dope and consider it game of the year contender in the GOTY thread. The campaign missions are dope but the map is littered with throw away content. Other open world games have menial stuff like this tied to some form of supplemental story stuff. This game is literally grab this for nothing but hey…it’s an optional choice right? Of all that optional stuff, what was your favorite story from it? You know what I’m talking about you just don’t want to hear a single negative word about this game. The game is dope, it isn’t perfect. It doesn’t have to be perfect. And you don’t have to be hurt for hearing it.
Nah it’s not a titangraph.

Thats a cop-out. Stoppit.

You said the game is padded with “fetch quests”

That’s literally false.

There are collectibles in the world for people who chose to explore and find them. The fact that they are icons on a map does not make them “fetch quests”

What was your favorite story from a comic book in TLOU? :stopitslime:

Don’t care about “criticisms” just responded to your comments cause they were factually incorrect.

Had you just said you didn’t care to go pick up all the random collectibles, I would have agreed with you. Cause I felt the same way. I picked up a few that intrigued me, the rest I ignored. Imo that’s a much better system than having to search for and pick up things that I have no clue what they are till I get there like most other games do.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The 2013 Tomb Raider reboot features both the good and bad structures for collectibles, as an example. You normally see this as good with more interaction (ex. new tombs and areas, puzzles) as opposed to simply combing an area for an object.
Halo does both of these as well.

Some “collectibles” are hidden within a base or mission. Some are just randomly in the open world.

Neither situation is considered a “fetch quest” tho :stopitslime:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nah it’s not a titangraph.

Thats a cop-out. Stoppit.

You said the game is padded with “fetch quests”

That’s literally false.

There are collectibles in the world for people who chose to explore and find them. The fact that they are icons on a map does not make them “fetch quests”

What was your favorite story from a comic book in TLOU? :stopitslime:

Don’t care about “criticisms” just responded to your comments cause they were factually incorrect.

Had you just said you didn’t care to go pick up all the random collectibles, I would have agreed with you. Cause I felt the same way. I picked up a few that intrigued me, the rest I ignored. Imo that’s a much better system than having to search for and pick up things that I have no clue what they are till I get there like most other games do.
You’re hung up on the term fetch quest. Fine. The game doesn’t have a single “fetch quest”. That aside, the map is primarily full of icons (missions, quests, adventures, whatever) that require you to search for, seek, investigate, find, collectibles, skins, audio logs, and NPCs. These aforementioned activities hold no real bearing on the campaign story itself and do not contain and “side story” elements that would add to the campaign/story experience.
TLDR: the story is flames, everything else is a missed opportunity and feels like a chore. The game would have been made even better as a linear game instead of an empty map of optional collectibles. As a single player experience it being open world makes quick diversions feel tedious. I would imagine as a co-op experience those optional quests,adventures,missions,icons blah blah would be much more fun to go after.
The last of us doesn’t get the same criticism from me because it’s linear. There aren’t huge empty spaces between core missions full of optional quests. A better comparison would be ghost of Tsushima which has a similar open world structure except many of the side activities have their own story elements. Sure they have cosmetic missions, but they also have a ton of side story content that makes the overall world feel more immersive.