Essential The Official NXT Discussion Thread 2.0

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Disagree. The weekly NXT show hasn't been "must see" for years (if it ever was). All the good shyt gets spoiled, and the crowds are trash because they tape so many episodes at once. This idea that the one hour canned format is somehow a good thing in 2019 is bizarre to me.

NXT TakeOvers are good, but the weekly show has little to no buzz.

I like shorter shows like Lucha Underground n NXT. They allow u to see diff ppl every week vs. RAW/SD Live showing Shane McMahon/Reigns EVERY show to tha point u get sick of them.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I totally get that, it's in the chase...

...but Shayna has held the belt for 500+ days. Long reigns cannibalize highlighting other talent, the match finishes have been cheap (especially with the outside interference), and is a big reason why the division has become incredibly stale.
They've had to plug up the pipeline, especially after they introduced a lot of women who weren't really ready (Liv, etc.)
Say what you will about Asuka's :noah: regin, but at least she had charisma. Shayna is a dull lesbian brick, even Sonya is more charismatic than her.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Disagree. The weekly NXT show hasn't been "must see" for years (if it ever was). All the good shyt gets spoiled, and the crowds are trash because they tape so many episodes at once. This idea that the one hour canned format is somehow a good thing in 2019 is bizarre to me.

So, ROH basically

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

Live show can def. be better

People will tune in cuz they won’t know the spoiler results, and with their backlog of talent they’ll be able to have surprises and debut people constantly so the roster should always be relatively fresh.

I like the idea of 205 live being part of NXT, and I don’t mind the idea of sending people down but I think they need to be careful with who they select. It really shouldn’t be more than maybe two guys.

You wanna keep NXT feeling like NXT, if they send a bunch of guys down it’ll hurt NXT.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I don't think spoilers matter as much as the audience being so dead for the last show or two in the tapings set. How many people remember spoilers 4 weeks later for a wrestling show :mjlol:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
pjdqgzd.png

w2I1WoS.png

spHITaA.png

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Still don't get what Damian Priest is supposed to be about.

Like that they had a whole video package to hype up Dijakovic vs Keith Lee, everybody was raving about it at the tapings so I'm looking forward to that :ehh:

Riddle has just gotten his ass kicked this whole time with Dain. Dain returned & put him through the stage, laid him out before their match right before Takeover, got took off the stage through a table at Takeover, & lost the match on this episode. I get trying to make Dain seem like a monster but you have to give Riddle some spot of hope in there.