Essential The Official NXT Discussion Thread 2.0

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Shayna's been booked stupid strong. I think one main issue is that she works similar matches very often. Old school heel, cuts off the maverick/offensive style of the face, grounds them for 90% of match, face makes comeback. It definitely works, but think she needs to add a different kind of match, and she kinda tried to do that at Takeover. Mia Yim actually had a really good match with Baszler on TV a few months back (they kicked the shyt outta each other IIRC) but the match they tried to work was just overbooked instead of having the more straightforward match.

The problem is how badly booked the women are outside of Baszler and her 2 goons. At one point, these same 3 came out every time there was a women's match and beat the shyt out of all of them. Who looks credible at the moment? Io Shirai is building back up but I reckon her Candice LeRae feud isn't over yet. Bianca makes the most sense, but she needs maybe a couple more meaningful victories. LeRae just lost to Shirai. Dakota's not back yet.

I checked the taping spoilers and the next one up apparently is Rhea Ripley. That's a nice change of pace - a very different opponent for Shayna. That one I'm looking forward to seeing. I need to watch some NXTUK to see what kinda shyt she's been doing.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
NXT to USA to compete with AEW is all but given now.

I...honestly think this might be the move that stretches the brand too much.

And for godsakes, why does Baszler still have the fukking belt?

Wrestling tv shows are better when u have heel champs. Face champs are pretty much one dimensional (except Kofi/New Day )

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Wrestling tv shows are better when u have heel champs. Face champs are pretty much one dimensional (except Kofi/New Day )
I totally get that, it's in the chase...

...but Shayna has held the belt for 500+ days. Long reigns cannibalize highlighting other talent, the match finishes have been cheap (especially with the outside interference), and is a big reason why the division has become incredibly stale.
I think the main reason she's held on to the title for so long is HHH wants to keep her until Ronda comes back and they can do the Horsewomen match, and they can't think of anything else to do with her once she loses the title because in NXT dropped title = call up 99% of the time.
They've had to plug up the pipeline, especially after they introduced a lot of women who weren't really ready (Liv, etc.)

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Following NXT's growth in popularity, its weekly Wednesday night show will expand its reach and now air LIVE on USA Network at 8/7C starting September 18.

The new two-hour NXT weekly show will also be available on demand on WWE Network every Thursday night beginning at 8/7C. NXT TakeOver events will continue to stream live exclusively on WWE Network

It’s official.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
They bout to ruin NXT. That one hour, quick presentation was GREAT. The show didn’t drag, no one got over exposed. U could spotlight diff talent every week n keep the show fresh.

Disagree. The weekly NXT show hasn't been "must see" for years (if it ever was). All the good shyt gets spoiled, and the crowds are trash because they tape so many episodes at once. This idea that the one hour canned format is somehow a good thing in 2019 is bizarre to me.

NXT TakeOvers are good, but the weekly show has little to no buzz.