The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mustve stepped outta the room for the explanation

Why did they call him cottonmouth and why did he hate it?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
fell asleep :mjcry: gotta get back on track

got dammit mutha fukkas killed off Mahershala :birdman: he was killin it. they coulda just had her beat his ass didnt have to kill him off his character was ballin :mindblown:

I love the complexity of Cottonmouth's character. I hate that he died. He was dope as a villian.
im kinda legit heated, they need to say fukk logic and bring him back somehow

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished it. Great stuff. As of right now I think it edges out JJ slightly (I loved that show) and falls short of DD S1.

Mainly because I also felt the show took a minor hit getting rid of Cottonmouth and never really recovers. Diamondback was not nearly as compelling or interesting. His dynamic with Luke was not as good.

My other gripes are that the show hits you across the head with it's messages at points and its' relevance to the times. It does make things feel a bit forced.

I said earlier on the show felt like the least comic book thing Marvel did was more like a straight up crime drama, well, that was the first half. The second half felt a lot more like a comic book/superhero show(I guess I blame Diamondback mostly for that).