The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
3 episodes in I feel the same way about this show that I do about Daredevil. The villain and their operation is more interesting than the hero.

Like I'd rather watch a show about Wilson Fisk running Hell's Kitchen, going to prison, and then getting out to takeover the streets again. Or a show about Cottonmouth and Mariah walking the line between being a criminal organization and actually trying to help better Harlem. The hero and their story arc is what I care the least about in these shows.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
3 episodes in I feel the same way about this show that I do about Daredevil. The villain and their operation is more interesting than the hero.

Like I'd rather watch a show about Wilson Fisk running Hell's Kitchen, going to prison, and then getting out to takeover the streets again. Or a show about Cottonmouth and Mariah walking the line between being a criminal organization and actually trying to help better Harlem. The hero and their story arc is what I care the least about in these shows.
Read the new Kingpin Civil War 2 shyt

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Feels good as hell to finally see the day of s black super hero show
It does but that ish with method man was kind of not needed. Should have just told his bizarre story, talked about how good it was to have a hero protectin/reppin harlem and then done the freestyle. Having him echo a lot of what cheo, coulter and co said irl interviews was too forced

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
my thoughts
-so much blackness in this show....:blessed:
-dude playing shades nearly ruined this shyt with his horrible acting and trying to be mysterious and smirking with his fukking big ass jaw
-Alfre Woodard's horrible acting:mjlol:....she been the game to long to be so bad in this role
-Cottonmouth was dope as shyt. That dude can act his ass off. I didn't think I would like his character, but I was kind of upset that he died. Wanted to see ole boy get some powers
-Rosario is killing the Night Nurse role. She's perfect.
-this was damn near the Misty Night show. She was lowkey the star of this shyt. She did okay.
-glad they didn't get a Stan Lee cameo unless I missed it
-The plot was good but towards the end you could tell they were just going in circles for a while. There were scenes with like Shades/Diamondback/Mariah where there were just popping they necks at each other saying gibberish
-Marvel should have cut some of this shyt out and introduced Iron Fist or brought in Matt Murdock to speed up the tie-ins
-that Justin Hammer tie-in to the MCU was okay
-Overall great season though.
-oh, the music and performances:ohlawd:
-seeing this gives me hope that black panther will be
bobby-roode-glorious-wallpaper-fbcover.jpg

-that nikka Zip took like 30 L's :bryan:
-when Pops was like "man:flabbynsick:, I was a beast!":dead:
-Misty to the other sister-cop: "you just gone let her skeee-weeet up outta here?" :deadrose:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
and what yall think about:
them constantly bringing up the "black man in a hoodie" thing. I kind of wish they had stayed away from that. It was too on-the-nose. Too forced.