The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Good LORD that woman playing Misty Knight is fukking gorgeous. If I were Mike Colter I'd be mad as fukk that their pushing continuity and are gonna have Luke hook up with ugly dusty ass Jessica Jones and not that chocolate Goddess
i concur :ehh:....would've had to disagree if they woulda went with daddario tho

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I never even read Cyborg to know how bad he is.

Nighthawk is badass and unapologetic. :myman:
yeah i read the squadron supreme(really good:ohlawd:), we need the real justice league movie but i dont think mcu got the guts :wow:

i read one nighthawk book, he ran up on some guys with some yeezy on. man i love the art in that book

cyborg = son a football star, his father never visited

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro, tell me why i was about to say the exact same thing before i saw your quote! :russ:

I just saw that ign interview a few posts up and i was like "cot damn.. that smile, that hair, dem eyes, dem tig ol bitties :lupe:. Mike, fukk all that continuity shyt, you gotta have Luke do this for the culture :wow:"

Didn't Luke date that sista in the comic book at one time.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Didn't Luke date that sista in the comic book at one time.
They were an item in this one story called House of M a decade ago, but that was a story where Scarlet Witch went batshyt crazy and created an alternate reality where mutants ruled the world (Magneto as their ruler) and humans were the minority. Luke was part of an underground human resistance group and Misty was bae. At the end the heroes got together, restored reality and all that.

But historically Misty Knight dates Luke Cage's best friend, Iron Fist/Danny Rand. Currently in the comics her and Iron Fist have been broken up tho and she's with Falcon/Sam Wilson

tumblr_inline_o75ddk3ZUi1rg4ead_540.jpg

Personally I don't care for all this swirl stuff (Misty/Danny, Luke/Jessica) but i figure that's the route they're going to go when its all said and done.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Am I the only one who thinks Luke Cage is corny?

He may be corny to some, but I think he's the epitome of cool. He's like the coolest character in the superhero world. It's like if Fonzi were a superhero, he'd be Luke Cage. There are very few characters that just have that it about them that will always be cool. I think Misty is another but she's only sparringly used. She-Hilk is probably the last, but most of her books were wiggity or had bad art.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure if posted yet..

Each episode title will be a title of a Gangstarr song

edit: already posted. should've read the thread first.. but I was pages behind and lazy

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
"Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad in terms of the score. We had a 30-piece orchestra - we live scored the entire series. People don't really do that anymore. It give [the score] a certain breadth - it really invokes Isaac Hayes, it invokes Curtis Mayfield but does it in its own way, that has its own special hip-hop flavor. Not only what Adrian does in terms of having always used analog, recording and using real instruments but also the vibe of of Ali Shaheed Muhammad being one of the architects of A Tribe Called Quest. But then, in terms of actual on camera appearances, we have everyone from Faith Evans and Raphael Saadiq to Charles Bradley, to The Delfonics, Method Man and Jidenna. We've got some really great performances. It's this mixture of music matched with action and there's not a dull moment the entire season."

I love the idea that they live scored this.

shyt could end up having a modern 'Shaft' vibe. :ehh:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if posted yet..

Each episode title will be a title of a Gangstarr song

edit: already posted. should've read the thread first.. but I was pages behind and lazy

I thought you were just fukking around because it's been brought up like 5 times :heh: