The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I thought you were just fukking around because it's been brought up like 5 times :heh:

you know how it is.. you watched a thread then all of a sudden alerts for said thread stops.. then out the blue its back .. you click it and you on page 8.. you check the date of the post on the top then say ok.. maybe I'm good.. then you read the previous pages after you post.

But seriously.. how come alerts on watched threads disappear and reappear.. and how come when you reply to a thread you're automatically watched.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
giphy.gif

Lit

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Good LORD that woman playing Misty Knight is fukking gorgeous. If I were Mike Colter I'd be mad as fukk that their pushing continuity and are gonna have Luke hook up with ugly dusty ass Jessica Jones and not that chocolate Goddess

From the comic con reports
Cage gets some action

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@Ziggiy

What we learned about Marvel movies and Netflix shows from Comic-Con | News | Geek.com

Luke Cage drops on Netflix in about two months, so the panel showed off some exclusive footage beyond the teaser trailer that was released to the masses.

The first clip was an extension of the teaser that appears on Netflix already, but an extension of the scene where Luke is looking for “Cottonmouth’s guns.” He eventually extracts the information by threatening to throw a goon out a window and also picks up his hoodie there (likely the one he’s wearing in the teaser, placing this clip earlier than the trailer building assault).

The second clip showed Cottonmouth (Cornell Stokes) wrecking a bar with a baseball bat before Black Mariah comes in and talks him down. Things aren’t going well for the crime boss and they have some sort of confrontation that ends when they are informed the cops are outside.

The third clip featured Misty Knight seducing Luke Cage and making out with him, though the clip cut out before the couple had sex. Knight is a detective, so it’s unclear if this is actually a romance or if she’s gathering intelligence on Harlem’s newest hero for hire.

The fourth Luke Cage clip was another one featuring Cornell Stokes who beats a man in front of a portrait of the Notorious B.I.G. and says that everyone wants to be king. Luke Cage as a series looks like it’s going to be about Cage’s return to Harlem only to find his criminal past kicked up by Stokes and Black Mariah. We’ll probably also get some flashbacks to his life before he had powers and the actual moment when he got them. Pretty standard first season Marvel/Netflix stuff.

Luke doing it for the culture :wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Ziggiy

What we learned about Marvel movies and Netflix shows from Comic-Con | News | Geek.com

Luke Cage drops on Netflix in about two months, so the panel showed off some exclusive footage beyond the teaser trailer that was released to the masses.

The first clip was an extension of the teaser that appears on Netflix already, but an extension of the scene where Luke is looking for “Cottonmouth’s guns.” He eventually extracts the information by threatening to throw a goon out a window and also picks up his hoodie there (likely the one he’s wearing in the teaser, placing this clip earlier than the trailer building assault).

The second clip showed Cottonmouth (Cornell Stokes) wrecking a bar with a baseball bat before Black Mariah comes in and talks him down. Things aren’t going well for the crime boss and they have some sort of confrontation that ends when they are informed the cops are outside.

The third clip featured Misty Knight seducing Luke Cage and making out with him, though the clip cut out before the couple had sex. Knight is a detective, so it’s unclear if this is actually a romance or if she’s gathering intelligence on Harlem’s newest hero for hire.

The fourth Luke Cage clip was another one featuring Cornell Stokes who beats a man in front of a portrait of the Notorious B.I.G. and says that everyone wants to be king. Luke Cage as a series looks like it’s going to be about Cage’s return to Harlem only to find his criminal past kicked up by Stokes and Black Mariah. We’ll probably also get some flashbacks to his life before he had powers and the actual moment when he got them. Pretty standard first season Marvel/Netflix stuff.

Luke doing it for the culture :wow:
:francis: Not a fan of this just because she is going to end up with Danny and having her bone Luke first is uncool. They might as well have gone the Claire Temple route since it fits with the comics canon and they already have Rosario Dawson showing up as the character in Luke Cage.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Woah didn't know Misty was gonna be up in this joint.

I wonder why they just didn't do hero's for hire instead of defenders?