The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Heroes for Hire probably seemed less than heroic.

It technically is, but I don't think that really matters tho. Specially not for a netflix series. shyt, you got Suicide Squad dropping as an outright movie and that's anything but Heroic.

shyt could be dope actually. It could be a like a live-action version of Archer when you think about it. Wouldn't have to be that exact tone, but similar set up. They getting hired by rich folks or gov't to handle shyt on the sly and whatnot.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Heroes for Hire probably seemed less than heroic.

True, but JJ pretty much was a Hero for hire.

That's why I was so sure they would go that route, kind of leading with her and the other lawyer chick.

I guess they have there reason's though. Maybe HFH is a possible movie they are thinking about doing instead of a nextflix thing where as Defenders have always kind of been "2nd class" avengers.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

You can never have too much Misty Knight, and now you don’t have to. The head of Marvel Television confirmed that the superpowered martial artist, played by Simone Missick, doesn’t just have a big role in Netflix’s Luke Cage, but also in the upcoming Iron Fist.

Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb told The Hollywood Reporter that Misty is going to be a regular presence on both series. Misty Knight, a detective with martial arts skills, was introduced in the 1970s as a sort-of representation of the blaxploitation trend. After she got injured on the job, Tony Stark made her a bionic arm that gave her super strength.

The news makes sense, since Misty was romantically involved with both Luke Cage and Danny Rand (Iron Fist). But it might also be because Missick is getting so much praise as the character. In fact, she got more applause than Luke Cage star Mike Colter during their San Diego Comic-Con panel.

“I was completely surprised, I will say that,” Missick told The Hollywood Reporter. “I was blown away at the audience. I mean, really?! I never imagined it.”

Given how much screen time Misty is going to be getting on Netflix, and how much people seem to be loving Missick so far, wouldn’t it make sense for her just to get her own show? Loeb said he liked the idea, but wasn’t sure that Netflix would be down to add yet another series.

“A lot of it has to do with exactly how many shows Netflix is actually going to let us make. We’re up to six now,” Loeb said. “We have to be careful that we’re not becoming the Marvel channel on Netflix.”

Luke Cage debuts on Netflix Sept. 30. Iron Fist doesn’t have a release date yet, but it could be March or April 2017.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
you know how it is.. you watched a thread then all of a sudden alerts for said thread stops.. then out the blue its back .. you click it and you on page 8.. you check the date of the post on the top then say ok.. maybe I'm good.. then you read the previous pages after you post.

But seriously.. how come alerts on watched threads disappear and reappear.. and how come when you reply to a thread you're automatically watched.
I think if you dont click on the thread when you get an alert then the next time somebody posts you wont get the alert until you enter the thread again

Same thing happens to me with the lawsuit and vudu code thread

I don't know about automatically watching thread you reply to,that's never happened to me

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think if you dont click on the thread when you get an alert then the next time somebody posts you wont get the alert until you enter the thread again

Same thing happens to me with the lawsuit and vudu code thread

I don't know about automatically watching thread you reply to,that's never happened to me

Besides the limited number of threads I started, I never "watched" a thread but i get alerts besides when I'm dapped or quoted so thats why i assumed it was automatic

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If it turns out that Luke will be pipin Misty, i got no problem with them introducing Colleen Wing in Iron Fist to pair her up with Danny, and having Misty and Colleen meet up/do their thing at some point in Defenders. Not 100% historically accurate but i don't give a fuk